No Cat R or S for Sale on the DVC Member Cruise?

iceman93

We had decided to book the 2020 DVC Member Cruise (7-day Alaska on the Wonder next August).  Called in at 7am sharp until I got through, waited on hold for a while, got through to a very nice agent...  who then told me the Royal Verandah Suites and 2-Bedroom Suites actually weren't for sale.  Not that they had already been booked--Disney is not selling those cabins.  She was surprised, put me on hold for a bit to speak with a supervisor, and then came back saying the supervisor was surprised too.  They didn't know if they were being held for VIPs, would be released for sale at a later date, or whatever.

Does anyone have any experience with this on previous DVC member cruises who can shed some light on what's going on?

SInce the DVC Member Cruise tends to bring on some high quality guests, I wouldn't be surprised if they are reserved for them. When we did the cruise in 2015 to Canada, guests/speakers included Joe Rohdi, Pablo Hidalgo, Don Hahn, Auli'i Cravalho, then DVC President Ken Potrock, four Disney broadway stars and I'm sure I'm leaving out a few more. I don't know where they stayed, but I'm willing to bet it wasn't crew quarters 🤣

I'm jealous. We've done Alaska on another line, but if I had the time, I'd love to do it on the DVC member cruise. Enjoy it. And if you're a photographer, you're really going to love it.

7 hours ago, gometros said:

I'm jealous. We've done Alaska on another line, but if I had the time, I'd love to do it on the DVC member cruise. Enjoy it. And if you're a photographer, you're really going to love it.

Thanks for the insight, but don't be jealous--since we can't get the royal, we didn't (and aren't going to) book the cruise.  We also did Alaska on another line, many years ago, and I guess may end up on another line again!