Part LXX - Installment Travelogue: Cruising With the Mothers, Maasdam - Shy

chesterh

This is part 20 in the story; part 70 in the series. Part 19 was published yesterday - it contains an index to the rest of the chapters (I am too lazy tonight to type it in again).

We've had spring-like conditions in New Hampshire for the last two weeks, but that's about to end. Snow is in the offing, and the commute on Monday is sure to be insane.

From the previous episode:

I felt pleased and somehow vindicated. As we left the theater, though, I was suddenly stricken with doubt once more.

“Time to see what our new dinner table will bring,” I said.

You just never know…

Part 20 (70) - Shy

Chester - don't know if you saw my post thanking you for Chapter 19. I'm sick in bed with the flu and reading this chapter yesterday certainly raised my spirits.

Imagine my delight when I found Chapter 20 waiting for me this evening. Even my dear husband was pleased when I croaked out a feeble = "yipee, Chester has written another chapter". He knows I'll sleep well tonight.

Snow yesterday here in Kamloops, but the forecasy is for warmer temps. and sunshine.

As usual, you've left your devoted readers hanging. The pressure remains on.:D

Moan and groan, Chester. You're leaving us hanging again. And if your writing pattern continues the way it's been, it'll be NEXT WEEKEND before we get Chapter 21. How do you expect us to wait that long???? Surely you wouldn't treat your adoring fans this way, would you?:confused:

Garry

Ok, so no table snafu and it sounded like your waiter was a hoot. Your table mates must have been entertaining too if you have no memory of what you ate. Thanks for another great chapter, keep 'em coming. BTB, gave your book to my Mom (she loved it) and she took it back to Pueblo and put in the library at the villas where she lives. I guess that won't help pay for your next cruise but a good read just must be shared with others. Barb

Ahhhhh! Thank you, chestah. I definitely need your sanity and cruise memories now -- we have a federal election today and I hate tension. What on earth is attacking you at 1:35 a.m.? Doesn't sound very pleasant. As a migraine sufferer, I can sympathize with your pain. I hope it didn't last too long. I also hope it's history, because you have enough on your plate keeping your demanding readers satisfied. I'll say "See you next week", (hoping, of course, for a mid-week gift of Chapter LXX1). Hi Kris.

"Turry":)

Tom - I hope so, too...

Sue. I did miss it - in fact, I went back to chapter 19 and examined it with a fine tooth comb, and still couldn't find your message. I went all the way back to chapter 17, and there it was. No doubt you were feverish when you wrote "19," and it does not count against you. So:

Get Well Soon, Sue

Glad to make a contribution to your recovery. Our family has so far dodged any seasonal malady, and we're keeping our fingers crossed.

Garry (and Sue, et al), this week is shaping up to be considerably less stressful than last, so maybe (just maybe), I'll finish another part before Friday. On the other hand, "traffic" is so light here that I am beginning to wonder if it is even worth continuing...

Nancy, I await your revised diagnosis.

Barb, my best to your mom. As it turns out, our waiter is something of a star among the HAL group - he is a totally wacky and fun guy, and a credit to our species.

"Turry" - If you need my sanity, the situation must be dire, indeed. The situation developing in the story - it does get more bizarre - unfortunately dogs me to this day. It has been another of those life-changing experiences, like cruising... Kris says "Hi, Terry" - she does not have the local accent. Did the postman deliver?

Time to fire up the snowblower and clear a path to the Weber grill.

All the best,

chesterh

chestah,

Sorry to hear about the situation continuing. I was rather tied up with our election yesterday, so didn't get to open my mail until earlier this morning. I was thrilled to see how fast mail arrives from the U.S.A to Canada! All three copies arrived safely. Many, many, many thanks!

Don't be discouraged about the light traffic, you have many faithful followers, just not as many faithful correspondents -- probably the January blahs.

Now, for the Midnight Buffet...

"Turry":D

Just got caught up with the last three installments after a Panama Canal cruise. Darn it all, Chester! Leaving us hanging like that is just ... just .... mean!

But I can forgive you if you follow up quickly with the next installment.:D

Keep 'em coming! I'm on the edge of my seat.

Cheers,

Chester, don't you even think about not finishing this wonderful story. I agree with Turry, you have a lot of faithful followers and it would be a great disappointment to not have your chapters to look forward to. Part of the problem may be the boards. There is definitely a problem with them and I think a lot of people are struggling to get on. I know I am.

Garry

Terry, glad the service was speedy - how ironic that the "slow" way costs more than express...

Nicki, this is the only place that I get to exercise my mean streak. Have at least started on the next part, so there is a chance of finishing before the weekend...

Garry, the performance of the boards is certainly becoming a factor. Having followed CC through many trials and tribulations in this regard, I feel for the management. Hope they can negotiate a solution before a lot of people, me included, abandon ship...

All the best,

chesterh

:eek: Chester don't you dare go away. I really believe the hits, or lack there of, on this thread have been due primarily to the boards response time which I know Laura and company are working diligently on. Add to that the fact that your trip was on the Maasdam, not a Celebrity ship, and readership potentially takes a hit. Some like myself travel over from other boards just to read your articles. If you do choose to stop the posting here just make certain you let folks know. I frequent your own site and would just increase my visits there. Guess the important issue is DON'T STOP WRITING! You have too great a loyal following. Barb

You WILL finish this story.

OK, Chester, is that subliminal enough for you?:D

Cheers,

Chester you HAVE to keep going!!! I've printed this WHOLE trip (and not read a word) so that I can enjoy it on the plane ride down to Miami next weekend for our Caribbean cruise!

Hopefully I'll get at least chapter 71 before I go!

Traffic or no traffic, you have MANY loyal fans! :)

Nicki, this is the only place that I get to exercise my mean streak. Have at least started on the next part, so there is a chance of finishing before the weekend...chesterh

Chester, here it is Sunday morning and still no chapter. I've been scrolling the boards every day hoping to see another chapter (or two), and so far NOTHING!!!:eek: Come on, Chester, don't leave us hanging like this!

Garry

Chester I just ordered a couple of the inscribed copies of your book. I am so looking forward to reading them on my cruise in March. But for now...I want the next installment. I have been worried sick about your headaches and eye...You know how a mother worries.:D Nancy

Can I get a response in before the boards go haywire again?

Sorry for the delay. My employer put me on a special assignment starting last week and ending this Thursday. No time for anything else at all. See y'all asap...

All the best,

chesterh

Archived