Sunday shopping in St. Thomas?

DEBNWIN

We were on the Golden Princess in November and it stopped in St. Thomas on a Sunday. Luckily we arrived at 9:00 a.m. because the majority of the stores in town closed between 12:00 and 1:00 p.m. I am going on the Dawn in April and it stops in St. Thomas on a Sunday as well...but it doesn't arrive until 11:00 a.m.! Has anyone been on this particular 10 day trip who can tell me whether the shops will be open later or whether we should choose to do something besides shop? :( I also believe that I saw somewhere that the Havensight Mall stores stay open until 3:00 p.m. on Sundays. Does anyone know if this is true and are there enough shops there to keep a shopper happy?

If the ships are in and its a Sunday the majority of Havensite shops are open. There is a huge variety of shops there. Thie historical area closes up around noon or 1 pm. Most of the stores there give their employees that day off to go to church and spend time with their families.

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

Archived