Celebration Ship,, How is the old Gal?

jima53

Due to scheduling circumstances we are going on the Celebration in Jan 2005. Trying to fit a shorter cruise into our work shedule. Can anyone tell us anything about their Celebration cruise. This will be our third cruise, and it's a cat 12, 5 day Bahamas. I know the ship is smaller and older than most of carnivals ships, but it did have the refit in 2003. How was the decor, and the food etc.

Thanks

Jim

Carnival Miracle 3/04

Zandaam 10/23

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;23;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Maiden Voyage: 1987

from

http://www.cruisedirect.com/ship_celebration.php#CONT

previously sailed on her back in 1989.

from

http://www.info-res.com/ehill/reviews/celeb.htm

USS Chilton APA-38 1966-1968

USS Guam LPH-9 1968-1970

Pacific Princess Oct 21 2001 Bermuda

Golden Princess Dec 7 2002 "Eastern Caribbean"

Coral Princess Dec 9 2003 "Panama Canal"

Carnival Miracle 17 Oct 2004

NOT UPDATED again 25 Feb www.geocities.com/fsbsdel

the old gal shimmys when she shakes!!!!!!!!!

she had something wrong w/ her prop and from what I here it was not fixed.

We were on her right before she went in to be refreshed.....she is old and small....but the staff is excellent.....she consistantly gets the best guest comments for the cruise director and stuff.

Now lets talk about that cat 12.........I have sailed in a cat 12........and an inside.....and this is not the ship for a cat 12......they are small and in the top.......I think there are only 10....and 7,8,9,and 10 have obstructed veiws from the balcony......

she is good gal for a short cruise...and the best sushi........and you never need to add quarters to the vibrating bed......

We had a blast.....

puppy_tea_e0.gif

just noticed you have been on the mircle and the zandam.........your expectations might be alittle high........

these older carnival ships are in no way like the new vessals that you have sailed......

there is no atrium....no wall of balconies...no huge spa......or magnificent dinning room... still they are great ships if you are ready for an older kind of vessel........

like I said we had a blast.....we were with another couple and had just recently been on RCCL in a suite......on the celebration we were inside......we had not set our expectaions very high and the service and the staff were so good that we had an excellent time........

puppy_tea_e0.gif

We sailed on the Celebration about 3 years ago and will be taking her again this summer. I'm anxious to see her again, now that she has been refitted. We found her to be a very nice ship. Food and staff was great. We don't care where the ship goes or ports of call. We'd be just as happy to spend the whole time at sea. She'll be leaving Galveston in the fall.

Carnival Carnivale -1988

Carnival Celebration - 2001

Carnival Celebration -June 2004

We have been on the Celebration several time and always enjoyed it. Would like to sail her again before she leaves Galveston.

Doug

Doug & Pat

Wichita Falls, Tex.

Celebration 11-28-97

Celebration 10-02-98

Enchanted Capri 7-23-99

Enchanted Capri 3-12-00

Celebration 11-11-00

Inspiration 9-09-01

Celebration 4-13-02

Rhapsody of the Seas 9-15-02

Splendour of the Seas 4-7-03

Elation 10-5-03

Rhapsody of the Seas 1-04-04

Elation 2-29-04

Hey Gina my friend ~~~ knew I'd find you here! icon_smile.gif We're self-appointed Celebration fans, aren't we!

We were on the Celebration in March and many here had told us she was a great ship~~ we found them to be right! I'll try to post the link to my review here. We really enjoyed ourselves and found the ship to be very nice & the service was superb! Seemed like more personalized and friendly service on this ship. For whatever reason it did have a lot of movement compared to our only other cruise (could have been weather, Eastern vs. Western, smaller ship size??? And we didn't mind that, it didn't make us seasick or prevent us from doing anything we wanted, and, afterall, we like being reminded we're on a ship in the ocean! icon_biggrin.gif Good luck deciding, I know we'd cruise on her again with no hesitations at all. Here's the link to our review

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&s=927093444&a=tpc&m=67310769&f=969097554

Penny

Disney Magic Eastern 7/2003

Spring Break 5 days onboard Celebration! Mar 22 '04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;03;22;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Aug 1 '04 Carnival Elation--Our 3rd Cruise!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/carnivalcelebration.htm

Here is a great site that has a virtual tour of the ship since her refurb. I have cruised on this ship twice but it was back when she was on the seven day itinerary out of Miami and Tampa. To this day I still like this ship and may take a cruise on her again when she moves to Jacksonville.

Gordon

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingator

NCL Starward-86, Starship Atlantic-91, Caribe-92, Seabreeze-93, Fantasy-93, Norway-94, Celebration-94, Sensation-95, Imagination-96, Destiny-97, Celebration-98, Triumph-99, Victory-00, Majesty of the Seas-01, Fascination-01, Carnival Pride-02, Majesty of the Seas-02, Carnival Legend-02, Fantasy 7-03, Glory 9-03, Fantasy 11-03, Triumph 3/04.

Navigator of the Seas 12/04/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hey Penny and Gina, can I join the sisterhood? I'm also one of Celebration's biggest fans. We sailed on her in January and were so impressed with the ship and service, I wrote a letter to Carnival. I had never written a letter to a company before, but the experience was so much better than I had expected it to be. I got a letter back from them yesterday. JIM- this was our 7th cruise so we have ships to compare it to. Yes, it did have more movement than other ships, but nothing too noticable. The "old Gal" looks new again since it's refurb.It is a beautiful, classy ship with the absolute best crew. Our waiter was one of the best out of our 7 previous cruises and the cruise director (at the time) was energetic and funny. I really, really want to sail on her atleast one more time before they rip her away from us. : Penny and Gina, what are we going to do about that? icon_confused.gif( I strongly encourage any one to book the Celebration, even if you are used to bigger, fancier ships. We had sailed on the Grand Princess just before sailing on the Celebration, and we did not miss the big ship experience. I enjoy sailing on ships of all sizes.In general,the smaller the ship the better you get to know fellow passengers and that's fun too. I also picked the Celebration because of the shorter itinerary, but I would sail on her again because she's a wonderful ship! Have a great cruise.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;1;17;19;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;9;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-1000  6/9/04 Norwegian Wind to Hawaii

1/17/03 Celebration

icon_biggrin.gif Texas Alexus! Of course your one of us! I love it when I hear a satisfied Celebration cruiser! I'm tellin ya...the Celebration is the "best kept secret", people just don't realize what they are missing out on.

I'm sad to see her go. I'd give my eye and maybe one tooth (lol) to sail on her again before she leaves. My brother and I may sneak one in this summer in late August...so we will have to wait and see, but it's looking promising! DH can't go...I feel bad, but I can have fun for him!

I agree with you about ship size...bigger isn't always better. We received such wonderful service on the Celebration...treated like Royalty!

I'd like to hear more about your cruise to Hawaii....where are you sailing from? After the Ecstasy, we may look into Hawaii.

Celebration Sisters Forever!!!! icon_wink.gif

~gina~ icon_smile.gif

11/20 Ecstasy cruise countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;11;20;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Oh, I hope you get to sail on the Celebration this August. Go for it! I would sail on the Celebration again this summer if I didn't already have this darn Hawaii cruise booked.... icon_wink.gif We are sailing roundtrip from Honolulu, I'll let you know how it goes. I am bound and determined to sail on the Celebration one more time...you're right it is the best kept secret. A true gem!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;1;17;19;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;9;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-1000  6/9/04 Norwegian Wind to Hawaii

1/17/03 Celebration

TexasAlexus~~welcome sister! icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gif And our group gets bigger! LOL. Glad to hear about how much you love the Celebration too, especially since you have 7 cruises under your belt, you certainly are experienced enough to know a great ship & crew when you're afloat on one! A real veteran!!! I've said this before, but our wait staff were just incredible each & every single night.

Disappointing that she is leaving Galveston~~when is her last sailing? We're on the Elation this summer, and though it's newer and bigger, I'm betting we'll still think VERY fondly of the Celebration and wish we could sail on her again. But this time we wanted to hit Belize & Progresso, & I wanted a 7 day trip.

Gina: yippee, our countdown clocks are back! And I have to say--you lucky dog! I do so hope you get to go again. Will it just be you & your brother, no kids this time? Oh, I'm so jealous of you, and of course TexasAlexus too for her Hawaii cruise! Been to Oahu twice and to use Gina's saying "I'd give an eye and maybe a tooth" to move to Hawaii, but that darn cost of living there is too high. icon_mad.gif

Hope the readers here are getting the point that many of us recent cruisers think the Celebration is a great ship & a tremendous value.

Penny

Disney Magic~~Eastern 7/03

Carnival Celebration~~Western 3/04

Aug 1, 2004 Carnival Elation--Yippee, Our 3rd Cruise!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Will be on Celebration 5 day in October 04. Sailed on Tropicale many years ago and it was one of our favorites because it was smaller. Love larger ships that we have been on as well, but believe each has its own character.

Very happy to read all the positive Celebration. So glad we have the Jacksonville option now.

Also, regarding the Category 12. Size of room is good, but definitely would not book it just for the balcony. Not worth it, imo. Save that for another ship.

Have fun!

Robin

Fantasy/Disney Magic/RCI Sov. of Seas/Inspiration/ Tropicale/RCI Sov.of Seas/ Sensation/Celebration 10/04

Live well, laugh often, love much....

Guess I will have to join your "Celebration fanclub" as she is still my favorite ship!

Doug

Doug & Pat

Wichita Falls, Tex.

Celebration 11-28-97

Celebration 10-02-98

Enchanted Capri 7-23-99

Enchanted Capri 3-12-00

Celebration 11-11-00

Inspiration 9-09-01

Celebration 4-13-02

Rhapsody of the Seas 9-15-02

Splendour of the Seas 4-7-03

Elation 10-5-03

Rhapsody of the Seas 1-04-04

Elation 2-29-04

love that website and since we sailed on her right before she went in for her refurb....what a change.....the "grand dame" is ever so sophisticated now.....love her new look!!!!

puppy_tea_e0.gif

countdown.cqi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prqb=ff0000cdt=2004;8;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

till our ELATION and Margaret's 21

What a great website and tour. Thanks from all of us who have not been on Celebration yet.

And yes, Cruisingdawg, we are on the 23rd as well at time point. Still mulling around, but will probably keep that booking.

Won't be too terribly long. We still have to get through our son's graduation and a summer trip, and then sending him off to college - so know time will fly! His best friend is going to UGA. Thought you'd like that.

Thanks again to all for the info!

Robin

Fantasy/Disney Magic/RCI Sov. of Seas/Inspiration/ Tropicale/RCI Sov.of Seas/ Sensation/Celebration 10/04

FYI

Regarding previous post...

"time point" translated is a combination of at this point or at this time thrown in together.

Long day...

Robin

• 4 months later...

we were just on the celebration on july 26th, this was our first cruise so we had nothing to compare to, but we loved it!! the ship was very nice, clean and they were always cleaning and maintaining the ship!! We had a blast, I would go again on her if we could !! WE never really felt like the ship was shuttering or anything like that! I do have a review posted here, and under the http://www.cruise-addicts site I have a review and photo posted under the photo gallery section labeled CArnival Celebration 7-26-04, I don't know how to do that posting a link thing or I would have done that instead of just listing the other site!! check it out-we had a great time!!

Archived