SEATAC to port transportation

Taylors

Hi All!

We are traveling as a group, 14 of us plus 2 babies. We are looking for the best way to get from the airport to the cruise terminal. Uber/Lift is out because we do not want to have to bring car seats to store in out rooms. I know public transit, limo's, ect we can get around the carseat law. We have done a limo from Houston to Galveston before, and it worked out very well. Does anyone know of any limo companies that do a 1 way transport? Google is not being very helpful, I'm either getting towncar services or limos with 3 hour minimums. Neither of which is ideal. 

Looking for tips!

Thanks!

Uber falls under the taxi/towncar/bus exemption for car seats for kids.  

If by "limo" you mean vans, Shuttle Express is the big dog in town, but by the time you add up the per-person charges you're going to be paying a lot more than a couple or three Uber XLs or towncars.  There are towncars stationed at the taxi stand in the airport (third floor in the parking garage, accessed by skybridge and elevators/escalators from bag claim) or if you use the courtesy phones in bag claim, they'll pick you up on the street outside the bag claim doors.

Remember there are two cruise terminals in Seattle - Norwegian and Oceania use Pier 66 downtown, all the others use Pier 91, about three miles north of Pier 66, and taxi/towncar/Uber rates will be different accordingly.

Edited by Gardyloo

If you're cruising to Alaska, you should be aware that if you don't have seats for those infants you will not be able to take any excursions in ports with them. Even schoolbuses are not exempt from car seat rules up there if they have seatbelts installed... and no cab or limo 'professional driver' exemptions like we have in BC and WA. If it's a Cali Coastal, I see you're from CA yourself so would hope you are more familiar than I am with your local car seat laws, so you already know there's no 'professional driver' exemption for getting them to the airport/visiting CA ports.

I'm afraid I've never had to use a towncar/limo in Seattle so I can't suggest any from personal experience, but Already There towncar has been mentioned a few times on these boards (and IIRC, that they have various vehicle types & sizes available). Otherwise the shuttle companies that run from airport hotels to the pier would no doubt let you book an entire minibus for yourselves - try Shuttle Express and Seattle Shuttle.

Personally though I'd be sucking up the need to carry car seats and locking down the kids on the plane as well as any and all transportation using a seat that I'm personally familiar with the operation of, and can be certain hasn't been involved in any prior accidents. Unless you have a much looser definition of 'baby' than I do, all the research is strongly in favour of rear-facing seats and the various laws around the world are catching up to that.

Edited by martincath
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gardyloo said:

Remember there are two cruise terminals in Seattle - Norwegian and Oceania use Pier 66 downtown, all the others use Pier 91, about three miles north of Pier 66, and taxi/towncar/Uber rates will be different accordingly.

In July 2019, the Maasdam is using Pier 66, so it's really important to verify which terminal your specific cruise will depart from.

We live a fair distance south of Seattle and routinely use Shuttle Express.  Because we are a bit out of the way for the regular mini busses we are often assigned a limo.  I would not hesitate to book limos with this company for a family group.  Shuttle Express offers discounted rates for AAA members or Veterans.  The reduced rate is applied at the time of booking.