Port Everglades hotel

rainbird

We will be sailing from port everglades next January on the Star Princess. We will be going down one day early and would like to find a hotel on the water that we could see the ships from . My wife wants a nice room and I don't want to spend alot. Any suggestions?

As the above poster said go to the Hotel Pre-Post Forum on this board. There is a wealth of info there, along with other subjects that might interest you. Just go back to what I call the Table of Contents and scroll around.

Marilyn

We are going to be staying at the Renaissance Marriott downtown - right across from the port. I was able to get 3 rooms for 58.00 plus tax per room for 4-1-06 the lowest rate I could find other than Priceline was 349.00 for this hotel. I bid on it two different times the first time I couldn't get it - the 2nd time started out at 45.00 and they came back - said if I added 13.00 to it I'd most likely get it. I did and got it.

This is a 4star hotel in a great location - there do not have any trransfer's, however, the location is close to the pier - not far from the airport. You are able to walk around to several different restaurants etc.

good lucik - happy cruising

check out

http://www.biddingfortravel.com

Stayed there one night pre-cruise earlier in the month. Great place, walked & took taxis around. You can walk to the Marriott Marina for the water taxi to Los Olas. Great dining there. Would hope to stay there again for a few days pre-cruise next year. Got it on Priceline (2 rooms) for $50/ea. + tax.

Hugger and LGT,

I'd love to stay at the Marriott Renaissance too at those prices but how to I insure that I won't get a "dog" or one that's out on the edges of the area? I'd apprecaite any tips on how I can bid that hotel correctly!!

Archived