Princess Ships Food Differences

7amCoffee

The food on all ships is purchased from the same suppliers ( except for occasional local fare in small quantities).

It is what the individual ship's Chefs and kitchens do with it once on board. We usually have an Italian chef and menus are excellent  but on the Ruby last year our chef was from India and the menus reflected that. Enough said. Food is subjective but we can always find something to enjoy on a Princess ship

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luv2escape said:

The food on all ships is purchased from the same suppliers ( except for occasional local fare in small quantities).

It is what the individual ship's Chefs and kitchens do with it once on board. We usually have an Italian chef and menus are excellent  but on the Ruby last year our chef was from India and the menus reflected that. Enough said. Food is subjective but we can always find something to enjoy on a Princess ship

I would have starved. 🤮

8 hours ago, Luv2escape said:

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I would have starved. 🤮

Season your food with plenty of curry.  It is healthy.  Cleans out your gastrointestinal  tract.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

On 5/2/2019 at 9:36 AM, jimmieg said:

I agree!  My experience is the chef in charge does make a big difference. If recipes are standardized, not sure why.  But was ready to give up on MDR, and next Chef (don't recall name, he was Filipino) had his kitchen turning out fantastic meals.

But you can't predict staff. You will only know it was good in hindsight.

This old thread popped up and I know the answer:  Joel Directo   He was on the Grand for our big anniversary cruise Spring 2016.  Rui was M'd, one of the best Chef's Tables we've ever had.

IMG_4381.JPG

7 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Have the chef prepare a 24 oz. tomahawk ribeye for you.  You will be satisfied.  I always am.. 😊

I'm sorry but that's one cuisine I could never get accustomed to. Even the smell of it upsets my stomach.