Celebrity "Not"- unless you're on the F list

micheles

I still dont get why people want to change the mind of certain posters to try X (or fill in the name of any cruise line) again when its obvious they hated their trip. Let them go to someone else and maybe they'll find what they're looking for. It will also mean that its less likely that they will book on your next X cruise. ;)

Now, for those posters who have little problems or "misunderstandings" and come here asking for clarification, then I say try to explain and convince them to go on X again, but there are some people that you just shouldnt encourage to X it again!

I would suggest that the original poster book with perhaps Westin or if that is too upscale for them, there is a Vagabond Inn right in San Pedro! I am sure they will no doubt fail to enjoy their time, but the check-in, check-out, taxi wait will all be quicker not to mention the chance of a drink being spilled due to the movement of their suite will be dramatically reduced (although not completely eliminated).

When a ship can't dock there are two choices: stay on the ship or get tendered ashore. Your choice.

As for drinks and tips, if you can't afford to pay for your drinking habit stay in lesser accomodations -- ashore if necessary.

If you can't afford to tip those people who work their asses off on board a ship, stay home. (I have to assume you don't tip chambermaids in hotels either.):rolleyes:

Danno -

In spite of this being Post #1 for the OP, it didn't have any of the other indications of a "troll". That said, I think some of us have at least had a bit of fun at wife's expense. I have little doubt that we've heard from a real Michele, although while just a guess, I believe she normally uses a different last (or perhaps first) name. Her hubby is certainly real enough.

I was soooo not going to add my 2cents worth but I can't resist. How awful that the steward brought you a FULL martini! The cheek!! I mean, whenever I order a martini I specifically request that it is only half full. Who wants to pay for a full martini?!?!

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus .. there is just no pleasing some people.

**gnaws on desk like a rabid beaver** must not bite...must not bite LOL

But you want to ...

Don't you ....

It's killin ya'....

Just killin ya ' ....

But you can do it ... we all can do it .... must not bite must not bite, just keep saying it over and over .... there is no place like home ...

LOL... :D

I do think that being on a lot of cruises on Celebrity gets you spoiled. So when there in a bump in the road ( or should I say seas) you tend not to take it as well as when you are home or at work. I remember waiting in line for an Ice Cream cone on the Infinity. I was hot and watching everyone walk off with a nice frosty cone made my mouth water. When I got up to my turn, the guy said they were out of cones! Now if I was at home I would have said "No Problem, give me a dish then". Instead in my "vacation selfish mode" I said "are you telling me on this whole big ship there is not ONE ice cream cone"? He said.. back in the storage room. "Can you go get me one?" Of course he didn't which really ticked me off. How dare he say NO to a passenger! The nerve! :) So right now, sitting at my home computer in RAINY Seattle area looking at photos of the Caribbean, I think to myself. What was up with me? I blame Celebrity for making us soft and weak and spoiled :)

Loved the Scottsman article - that just might be it!

Not trying to play "can you top this" but we stood in line with a lot of people, sometimes in the rain, waiting for the problems at the L.A. port (San Pedro) to clear - seems there was an electrical problem which meant the usual way of getting things off the ship - including passengers was not possible. We saw the last passengers disembark around 1:30 - of course nobody in line could board til the ship was cleared - departing crew followed the passengers off the ship - so - we were off to a slow start on what turned out to be one of the lovliest cruises we've taken. It was too short - yes there were very rough days - but the people we met were great - the enrichment series terrific - the taste of Cirque de Soleil tantalizing.

I wish I were on Summit right now!

I'm reading all the posts regarding future Hawaii cruises on Summit this year and wanting to go on each and every one of them.

By the way - we didn't see the volcano at night as we had done a year earlier on Infinity but it might have been due to it not being clear enough to see the lava well - (is it always visible?) We were never charged anything near $11 per drink - our champagne cocktails were nearer $8 each. Our wine varied according to our choices but we thought the wine prices were extremely reasonable.

Disembarking was a breeze - had someone not taken one of our bags by mistake and had we known to check with one of the very helpful baggage attendants and not keep walking around looking for the bag - we would have been on our way home before 9! After all the confusion when we embarked, everyone was very intent on making our disembarkation as painless as possible. The electrical problem still wasn't fixed when we returned but we were assigned to an adjacent pier which didn't have the electrical difficulties - a very painless disembarkation.

As for tenders - they are a necessary evil if you want to see places without cruise ship piers, and there are a lot of them! While waiting in the heat water and juice were available as well as cold towels when we returned to the pier.

What more can I say???

Do all the drinks really cost $11? I am used to paying $5 or $6 a drink or sometimes $8. i have never paid $11 for a drink. Is this true or is this an gripe of a sourpuss?

Don't flame me-I am just asking and I am fixing to take my first Celebrity cruise in 2 weeks.

I I remember waiting in line for an Ice Cream cone on the Infinity. I was hot and watching everyone walk off with a nice frosty cone made my mouth water. When I got up to my turn, the guy said they were out of cones! Now if I was at home I would have said "No Problem, give me a dish then". Instead in my "vacation selfish mode" I said "are you telling me on this whole big ship there is not ONE ice cream cone"? He said.. back in the storage room. "Can you go get me one?" Of course he didn't which really ticked me off. How dare he say NO to a passenger! The nerve! :)

Actually I think he should have gotten you the cone. I am finding this annoying problem becoming a habit on my Celebrity cruises. On Mercury in April, they told me they didn't have any watermelon for my watermelon martini which the menu states it should have. Now mind you they have tons of watermelon on the ship. We saw them all week long. He should be have them at the martini bar. It also is happening with getting Coors Lite which is listed on the menu. It's happened on my last 3 cruises. One bar has it and another doesn't! What's up with that? The last straw was on our last cruise. They had a Mojito Sailaway Party. So I wanted to get a mojito on the next night. Well they claim they had no mint in the bars to make a mojito. I couldn't believe it. Now I know these are ALL petty things, but if something is on the menu they should have it in all the bars. There's really no excuse for it and no excuse for the attitude that they can't get it. Send someone to the the storage room and/or kitchen and get some. Or better yet, make sure you have enough in the first place.

Do all the drinks really cost $11? I am used to paying $5 or $6 a drink or sometimes $8. i have never paid $11 for a drink. Is this true or is this an gripe of a sourpuss?

Mom, most of the drinks range from $4 daily specials to $5 or $6. The martini bar special martinis, which are huge drinks, run $10 or $11, but are twice or more as big as a regular one and are filled to the brim. Often, they'll even bring you the shaker if there's anything left in it for you to top it off after you've sipped some to lower the level.

Allen

Archived