which port?

mosiegirl

I will be on Conquest Sept 21 2020 and it stops in Key West.   I remember once hearing that there are two ports in Key West..   and when I sailed on the Sensation many years ago, the port it stopped at in Key West was a military post/port so you could not get off the ship unless you had an excurssion booked..  you couldn't just get off and walk around..   For my upcoming cruise, how would I know which part of Key West it is going to port at?

There is only one port for the ships in Key West, but there are 3 piers. Mallory (M) at Mallory Square, Pier B (B) behind Margaritaville Resort, and Outer Mole/Navy (OM/N). The Outer Mole is on the navy base, and you have to use the supplied shuttles to and from the pier to Mallory Square. From there you can go anywhere, but you have to return to the ship on the shuttle, and there is a checkpoint before you get on the base. 

Here is a link to the city calendar, but it may not show that far into 2020, and it is always subject to change.

Here is a video about KW beaches, but it shows the piers from the air.

Edited by Grumpy Husband
Add to answer

13 hours ago, mosiegirl said:

I will be on Conquest Sept 21 2020 and it stops in Key West.   I remember once hearing that there are two ports in Key West..   and when I sailed on the Sensation many years ago, the port it stopped at in Key West was a military post/port so you could not get off the ship unless you had an excurssion booked..  you couldn't just get off and walk around..   For my upcoming cruise, how would I know which part of Key West it is going to port at?

You will dock at the Margaritaville pier B which is an easy walk off into town.

Mike😊