Wine service on the odyssey

We are about to book another cruise on Seabourn which we love, but friends have recently returned from the Odyssey in the Caribbean to Lisbon and said the service in the restaurant was terrible especially for wine. I read Seabourn have stopped using wine waiters. Have any Members had similar problems?

We have been on Odyssey twice in the last 18 months with no noticeable dip in service either time.

As someone who rarely drinks whatever the wine of the evening is, I have personally appreciated the consolidation of the service as I’ve had fewer issues with someone trying to refill my sauv blanc with chardonnay or trying to pour the house red in to top off a glass from a purchased bottle.  I have not noticed a difference in how frequently my glass is topped off but I don’t recall ever finding myself on empty.

We were on the recent transatlantic from Barbados to Lisbon, no problems at all in getting the wine served and also the sommelier and the waiters had no problem providing alternatives when requested. Two sommeliers are provided in the main restaurant at dinner.