Britannia Breakfast Menu, anyone?

Wendell

We are returning home from a 5 week tour of Europe on the May 17th Southampton to New York crossing. We have seen several postings of the lunch and dinner menus on the web, however we can't find anything listing the breakfast selections in the Britannia Grill.

Can anyone post information about what is available in Britannia Grill for breakfast?

The Breakfast menu is the same every day and is quite extensive. They offer fruit, yogurt, and cereals as a first course. There is also pancakes, french toast, eggs benedict, fried eggs with beans and tomatoes, and omlettes. The canyon ranch selection is very good fruit crisp and egg white omlettes. Awaiter comes around with toast, rolls and danish.

I stongly advise you to avoid the Kings Court. We went there once in the morning due to an early tour and it was a zoo. It is poorly laid out and crowded with people piling their plates, pushing, shoving and cutting in line.

The Breakfast menu is the same every day and is quite extensive. They offer fruit, yogurt, and cereals as a first course. There is also pancakes, french toast, eggs benedict, fried eggs with beans and tomatoes, and omlettes. The canyon ranch selection is very good fruit crisp and egg white omlettes. Awaiter comes around with toast, rolls and danish.

I stongly advise you to avoid the Kings Court. We went there once in the morning due to an early tour and it was a zoo. It is poorly laid out and crowded with people piling their plates, pushing, shoving and cutting in line.

AND you served yourself, the trays are wider than the shelf you push them along and you have to lean over (WAY OVER) to reach the dished in the back, often brushing your sleeve through the food in front!

The breakfast menu in the Brittania is quite extensive. I wanted eggs benedict and a piece of salmon, but without the bagel and cream cheese. They obliged me. They do NOT have grits at all, any where! (This southern girl loves her grits- and they can't make them up north here- then again, I've never had good grits on a cruise ship either- Guess I gotta take Calliope's suggestion of the Delta Queen!)

Karie

They do NOT have grits at all, any where! (This southern girl loves her grits- and they can't make them up north here- then again, I've never had good grits on a cruise ship either- Guess I gotta take Calliope's suggestion of the Delta Queen!)

Karie

Karie, you take me back some years! I was a trainee at Airborne School. This is located in Ft. Benning, Georgia. At meals, you are only allowed to shovel food into your mouth and then move it on out. (everything at Airborne School is done at double time) No talking, no hanging around. I was seated at a table for two and started putting lots of different things into my grits to give them some flavor. I specifically remember peanut butter and jelly. The guy across from me says in a really quiet, really southern drawl, "Ware are yoouu fro-*****?" "New Jersey", I answered. He just shook his head and said, "It figures".

My husband is also from NJ and he just loves grits. I prefer farina with a bit of sugar in it.

Sandy

Since the menu sounds fantastic, and we will have time to luxuriate over a long breakfast, I think that we will be dining in Britannia every morning. Thank you all very much for the information.

We'll be doing our first Half-Ironman Triathlon 8 weeks after our QM2 crossing, so we've been joking that we would do a practice triathlon on QM2 during our crossing. Our plan is as follows:

Wake up early to a light breakfast delivered to our stateroom, then do 95 laps in the pool (The pool is 10m, so we would need to do 95 laps to 1.2 miles.) Once we'd finished with our swim, shower, dress, and go have breakfast in Britannia.

After breakfast, we would go to the fitness center and bicycle 56 miles (approx 3.5 hours.) Shower, dress for lunch, then have lunch in Britannia.

After lunch, we would run 36 laps around Deck 7 (that equals 13.2 miles.) A slow jog will take about 3 hours. Plenty of time remaining to shower and dress for dinner.

Karie, you take me back some years! I was a trainee at Airborne School. This is located in Ft. Benning, Georgia. ...I was seated at a table for two and started putting lots of different things into my grits to give them some flavor. I specifically remember peanut butter and jelly. The guy across from me says in a really quiet, really southern drawl, "Ware are yoouu fro-*****?" "New Jersey", I answered. He just shook his head and said, "It figures".

Sandy

Sandy- Bro-in law was airborne- (and lives in Waycross GA). I could never understand why anyone would jump out of an airplane and NOT get a"air time" Heck, the point of skydiving is to catch some air! Freefall! Not hop and pop with 90 pounds on your back! (And yes, I know there is no such thing as a perfectly good airplane! I own one! Ask me how good it is come annual inspecition time!)

My little sister (bless her heart) used to put bouillon cubes in her grits! I just don't get that! If you ever get to Key West, go to Blue Heaven and get their cheesy shrimp grits! MMM-mm!

Damn! now I'm getting hungry!

Karie,

having a grits jones

Archived