Cost for taxi cruise ship pier to YVR

It's metered by law, so the exact amount varies based on traffic. Without any unusual occurrences like an accident on a bridge or multiple sets of roadworks, the meter should be somewhere $32-35 when you get to YVR. Even if it's a weekday you are going against commuter traffic for the entire trip so that's not really a factor - and if the cabbie offers you a fixed rate of $35 (which is the fixed amount charged on the way in from the airport) that's a sure-fire sign that he already knows there are no problems and the meter will be $33 or less 😉

Credit cards (Visa/Mastercard) are accepted in all cabs (tell them as you are about to get in that you want to pay with credit, as once in a blue moon the machine actually is broken - 9 times out of 10 though when they say that it's busted and you respond "OK, I better get a different cab them as I don't have cash' the machine will magically start working again!) but if you really want to waste extra money you can also pay in USD cash, at a poor exchange rate (official bank right now would be US$30 for a typical ride plus expected 15% tip taking the total up to near $40 - expect to be charged US$30 just for the meter with then another $5 tip to go on if you want to pay in USD cash).

On 5/6/2019 at 6:32 PM, martincath said:

It's metered by law, so the exact amount varies based on traffic. Without any unusual occurrences like an accident on a bridge or multiple sets of roadworks, the meter should be somewhere $32-35 when you get to YVR. Even if it's a weekday you are going against commuter traffic for the entire trip so that's not really a factor - and if the cabbie offers you a fixed rate of $35 (which is the fixed amount charged on the way in from the airport) that's a sure-fire sign that he already knows there are no problems and the meter will be $33 or less 😉

Credit cards (Visa/Mastercard) are accepted in all cabs (tell them as you are about to get in that you want to pay with credit, as once in a blue moon the machine actually is broken - 9 times out of 10 though when they say that it's busted and you respond "OK, I better get a different cab them as I don't have cash' the machine will magically start working again!) but if you really want to waste extra money you can also pay in USD cash, at a poor exchange rate (official bank right now would be US$30 for a typical ride plus expected 15% tip taking the total up to near $40 - expect to be charged US$30 just for the meter with then another $5 tip to go on if you want to pay in USD cash).

You might want to try taking the sky train directly to airport. It is around $5 maybe cheaper? I did it once, but it has been a few years. I just cannot remember how far the sky train is away from the pier. Maybe take a short cab ride to the skytrain, saves some money.

18 minutes ago, littletraveler8 said:

You might want to try taking the sky train directly to airport. It is around $5 maybe cheaper? I did it once, but it has been a few years. I just cannot remember how far the sky train is away from the pier. Maybe take a short cab ride to the skytrain, saves some money.

OP has been and gone and took a cab - but in case anyone else finds this thread in future, SkyTrain is currently (May 14, 2019) CAD$4.20pp or less (discounted to $2.95pp for all after 6:30pm and on weekends; Seniors and 5-13yr olds save about a buck at all times) and the walk is <400 yards, so it would take longer to wait for a cab at the pier than just to walk. Turn left outside the pier to head along Howe, turn left on Cordova, look for the big old building on the left with many pillars called Waterfront Station. Ticket machines are immediately inside the door, or just head straight down to the Canada Line platform and tap your 'Tap & go' Visa or Mastercard on the fare gates. This always bills adult ticket price so if you want a Concession discount you need to use the machine to buy tickets, then tap tickets to open gates. At YVR tap ticket or same card again to exit.