Cave-tubing.com-Safe to bring camera?

Beachbum1944

We will be cave tubing with cave-tubing.com. We will have a waterproof camera for the cavetubing. Just wanted to know if it is safe to bring a good camera for other pictures and leave it in the van or bus that they use? We would like to have it with us for when we get back to take more pictures.:confused:

Thanks

Our experience.....we left valuables....cameras, wallets, clothes & some souvenirs on the bus....and had no problems. Of course, anything could happen anytime, anywhere, but we were told the bus would be locked. Also, it was parked right next to the area where everyone picked up their equipment so there was lots of foot traffic in the area.

Out of caution, most of us took only small amouts of cash above what we would need to pay & tip for the trip...we later regretted that because it sure put a crimp in our shopping! We felt secure about the circumstances after seeing the arrangements firsthand, but again there is always some risk when personal items are left anywhere.

We will be cave tubing with cave-tubing.com. We will have a waterproof camera for the cavetubing. Just wanted to know if it is safe to bring a good camera for other pictures and leave it in the van or bus that they use? We would like to have it with us for when we get back to take more pictures.:confused:

Thanks

Great question! I was wondering the same thing - we're also booked with them for February 19th sailing. Glad to see HRHMadonna that things can be locked up in the van - definitely want some of those good pictures of everyone in their tubes before we head into the caves!

BTW, does anyone know how Yhony's name is pronounced? Is it like Johnny except with a "y", or is it a long "o" like Tony? Just wondering . . .

Name pronounced like Johnny with a Y.

FYI: The day we went, the transportation was a large "BlueBird" bus --- These are made in Georgia -- It looked like a large white school bus, but inside, the seats were tour bus type that reclined.

Which waterproof camera would be better, Kodak or Fuji? I scrapbook so I need great pictures! When it comes to the change of clothes would flip flops be suitable on the way back or would you suggest sneakers the entire time? Thanks to everyone for all their help!

P.S. If anyone is going on the cave tubing tour with Yhony on Thursday 3/16 and would like to meet somewhere early that would be great. I have never done the whole tendering in process and I read somewhere that they suggest everyone get together to speed up the process.

I wish I was going again with you all! It's snowing here! Anyway I just wanted to let you know. If you booked with Yhony at cave-tubing.com, they informed us that the bus would be locked at all times and there are people out watching the bus while we're gone. Leave everything on the bus that you don't want to get wet, and keep it hidden from other fellow passengers, because after cave-tubing you are allowed back on the bus to get a change of clothes, but you could always do that with someone watching your things, like we did. The only thing I recommend is that you have good walking shoes, flip-flops won't help going up the rocky road and they'll just fall off in the water. Water proof cameras are a must and you can have your dry camera when you get back. Any questions, just let me know, more than happy to respond. Have tons of fun!

Archived