Thank You Henry

operafan

Noticed yesterday our flights for med cruise in May were cancelled by American. Went into the usual tizzy trying to find others, picked a few alternatives then called Custom Air. Just wanted to say that "Henry" in the international section is a dream. The man has the patience of a saint and spent over an hour trying to find us available airspace. He did, we're all set.

Thank you Henry!

How did you find out your flights had been cancelled? Did the airline call you or did you stumble upon the information when checking your reservation?

I check the flights every couple of weeks. Saw that AA had completely cut the 3:15 from DFW and substituted with a flight that got into Venice much too late and AA never bothered to change the second leg, booking us on a flight to Venice that left before the other flight even landed at Gatwick! That would have been loads of fun!!!

How did you find out your flights had been cancelled? Did the airline call you or did you stumble upon the information when checking your reservation?

I check the flights every couple of weeks. Saw that AA had completely cut the 3:15 from DFW and substituted with a flight that got into Venice much too late. That would have been loads of fun if I hadn't noticed!

Wouldn't that have been a fine kettle of fish if you hadn't checked, had taken the first leg and found out too late? geesh.

When Delta started cutting flights I checked mine daily and saw that they'd done the same thing, more or less, with 5 minutes to connect to another airline, so I emailed them. They got back to me in a few days, fortunately.

Not only were our flights screwed up, my parents are joining us from Chicago and United had them flying to Frankfort (which was ok) but that's where they stopped. Their ongoing flight to Venice was cancelled and nothing was substituted. Again, Custom Air fixed the problem.

Archived