Taxis from Podyras Dock?

Bestbubba

We're arriving in New Orleans on the American Queen Steamboat. Are taxis available at the dock? We're being told on board that they're not, and we'll need to take the ship transfer to the hotel they use, and get a taxi from there. We're staying in the FQ and would rather go directly to our hotel. Any advice would be gratefully received. First time in New Orleans so a bit clueless! 

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that the Poydras Street dock is the same spot used by the Creole Queen, which does dinner cruises (and such). It is located right next to the Hilton Riverside and the Riverside Mall. While there will likely not be any taxi's directly at the dock, if you are willing to walk a little ways (I would say short, but then again, I'm a walker) to the Hilton or the mall, there should be taxi's there.

From the American Queen Steamboat website, it appears they use the Intercontinental Hotel as their base. Great hotel about 5 LONG blocks from the river. Not sure you need to pay to go to the hotel to get a cab, if what I have gathered is correct.

dctravel

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. We actually disembarked last week and I'm now an expert!

Down the gangplank, turn right, walk along with the river on your right and the mall on your left. If the shops aren't open yet, enter the mall through the glass doors opposite the large metal staircase. Walk straight through and exit at the Avis drop off point. We ordered an Uber from there and were checking in to the Hotel Mazarin 20 minutes after leaving the ship! 

Once again, thank you for your reply.