LaQuinta Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Restaurants

laurashelby

I've not been there yet, but if you go to the website for Laquinta and find the Hollywood property, you can search for things nearby. There's a little orange button on the left that says "what's nearby" and you can look at the drop down menu and choose "grocery store". It shows a few that are less than a mile away.

We did not feel at all uneasy walking the main drag in this area; it is well lit at night and the Oakwood Mall next door to the La Quinta was busy with shoppers and visitors each time we have stayed there pre-cruise.

great - thanks, just looking for someplace nearby to pick up some soda and wine to take with us onboard

March 7 Well Be My 4th Stay At La Quinte, I Found It To Be Really Great With Shuttle Service. Besides Picking You Up At The Airpot & Taking You To The Pier They Will Also Drop You Off Any Where If It's On Their Way To The Airport, You Can Also Give Them A Call If Their In The Area They Will Pick You Up. It Is A Bit Of A Walk To Shops & Resturants. We Always Eat At Hollywood Ale House Prices Are Good & So Is The Food.

Wow , thanks everyone on this thread. We will be staying at the La Quinta Airport, on March 9-10 and this information on restaurants, markets is just great , saves me lots of time researching. I booked this hotel months ago and just now am getting back to planning for our trip. Thanks again to Trent and Bequia, you helped me before also.

Cori

I am staying at the LaQuinta also. Got it both pre and post-cruise on Priceline. This thread has been most informative and has helped to put my mind at ease.

FYI, I did call the LaQuinta last week to ensure that they had our reservations, etc. They had us down but for some reason put us in a smoking room when our strong preference is a non-smoking room. I would advise others to call and confirm this too.:confused: Anyone who is staying 3/3/06 and/or 3/12/06 who has a non-smoking room and doesn't mind or would prefer a smoking room let me know and I'll gladly switch.:cool:

I am staying at the LaQuinta also. Got it both pre and post-cruise on Priceline. This thread has been most informative and has helped to put my mind at ease.

FYI, I did call the LaQuinta last week to ensure that they had our reservations, etc. They had us down but for some reason put us in a smoking room when our strong preference is a non-smoking room. I would advise others to call and confirm this too.:confused: Anyone who is staying 3/3/06 and/or 3/12/06 who has a non-smoking room and doesn't mind or would prefer a smoking room let me know and I'll gladly switch.:cool:

Roscoe 13, we are also staying March 3 & 12. I as well called 2 weeks ago and had my first night non smoking, but second night had me in a smoking. but the lady I was speaking with checked and there was a non smoking room still available. Carnival Liberty here we come ( 25 days and counting)

• 2 weeks later...

Roscoe,

Thanks for the advice-I'll have to call and confirm my 3/18 and 3/25 nonsmoking request-do you mind asking what rate you got on Priceline and what tier hotel it was? Thanks so much!

Roscoe,

Thanks for the advice-I'll have to call and confirm my 3/18 and 3/25 nonsmoking request-do you mind asking what rate you got on Priceline and what tier hotel it was? Thanks so much!

I have forgotten if I bid 2 stars or 2.5 stars but I do remember the rate.

$60 plus tax for a total of $75 a night. I'm still hopeful of not getting a smoking room but at that right we'll suffer through ok if the window opens.

We are staying there on March 10th pre-cruise so this post is helpful. It was hight though...almost 160. We had trouble getting non-smoking too. When I called the Res # they had none but when I did it online they did.

Related topic...

Does anyone know how much a taxi would be from this La Quinta to the Port of Miami....or if there or any other options for hotel pickup?

Does anyone know how much a taxi would be from this La Quinta to the Port of Miami....or if there or any other options for hotel pickup?

A metered cab will be at least $70-$75. A private car service from Tri-County is around $64. http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/private.htmlYou could take the LaQuinta shuttle back to the airport and pick up the Tri-County Shared Ride Shuttle for $18 per person. ;) http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html

We have 4 of us so it sounds like a taxi would be comparable to a shuttle. One of the 4 is only 12 months old...do they charge on the shuttles for a baby?

I really would prefer not to haul two small kids and luggage back to the airport...would want to go from the La Quinta directly to the port. Does a supper shuttle or equivelant pick up from hotel.

Sorry if this is a little off topic. I can start a diff thread if I need to.

Archived