Help on decision..Century or Infinity??

bernnj

Trying to decide on a cruise in February or early March to the Caribbean..will be sailing with parents (76) and I will have my own cabin (mid 50's). Have never sailed on the Celebrity line and would like some help with the decision. We can sail 7 or more days. Live in South Jersey and parents will probably stay in the Florida area for a couple of weeks after the cruise.

Have sailed both ships multiple times, so here's my two cents -

Century is the first of X's Century-class ships and is several years older than Infinity, which is the second of the Millenium-class ships. It's scheduled for a major overhaul this spring, and having just been on Century a few weeks ago, I can tell you, while still a beautiful ship, it's showing some signs of wear and tear in the cabins as well as in the public spaces. Century is smaller than Infinity, thus it doesn't have an indoor pool, specialty restaurant, spa buffet and some of the other bells and whistles that appear on X's M-class ships. Loyal X cruisers all have their own personal favorites and we happen to prefer the M-class ships, but food and service-wise, we've found the X product to be pretty much consistent throughout the fleet.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Have sailed both ships multiple times, so here's my two cents -

Century is the first of X's Century-class ships and is several years older than Infinity, which is the second of the Millenium-class ships. It's scheduled for a major overhaul this spring, and having just been on Century a few weeks ago, I can tell you, while still a beautiful ship, it's showing some signs of wear and tear in the cabins as well as in the public spaces. Century is smaller than Infinity, thus it doesn't have an indoor pool, specialty restaurant, spa buffet and some of the other bells and whistles that appear on X's M-class ships. Loyal X cruisers all have their own personal favorites and we happen to prefer the M-class ships, but food and service-wise, we've found the X product to be pretty much consistent throughout the fleet.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Trying to decide on a cruise in February or early March to the Caribbean..will be sailing with parents (76) and I will have my own cabin (mid 50's). Have never sailed on the Celebrity line and would like some help with the decision. We can sail 7 or more days. Live in South Jersey and parents will probably stay in the Florida area for a couple of weeks after the cruise.

Hi Bernnj !

I often travel with my parents, who are a few years older than yours. They prefer Century, as she is a little smaller and easier to get around. If your parents have any mobility issues, I would recommend Century over Infinity.

Yes, it is true that Infinity is newer than Century (and has some additional amenities that Century does not have), but they are both excellent ships. We were on Century in November, and I did not notice any unusual signs of wear and tear, so I would not worry about that issue at all. We had such a great time, that we booked her again for this March.

No matter which ship you choose, have a great time !

My parents and I have decided on the 3/9 Century cruise...has a great itinerary. This cruise goes to Caymans, Jamaica, Aruba and Curacao. Thought I would ask if the Celebrity docks right at the ports??

Parents probably could handle a little shopping but not too much in the way of exercusions unless there were bus trips. Any advice welcomed.:)

As for choosing Infinity over Century, I love the elegance of the M class ships, but Century has elegance AND is more intimate to boot. My own mother (84), who sailed with me in November on CONSTELLATION, was about worn out just from walking the ship to and from activities each day, let alone spending time in port. She loved the ambience of the ship, but really wished it was on something less massive.

As always, it's a matter of personal preference.

Cheers,

Archived