Palma de Mallorca - Walkable beach?

Is there a beach area walkable to the cruise port?   Or, if necessary, beaches accessible by public bus?  We have kids that would need carseats in a taxi so taxis are out.  Ideally, we'd love to check out the sites in the morning then head to a beach to cool off but I can't wrap my mind around the area and if this is feasible.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, CruiseMelissa said:

Is there a beach area walkable to the cruise port?   Or, if necessary, beaches accessible by public bus?  We have kids that would need carseats in a taxi so taxis are out.  Ideally, we'd love to check out the sites in the morning then head to a beach to cool off but I can't wrap my mind around the area and if this is feasible.

Thanks!

No there are no beaches walk able from the port, a lot of the taxis have children's booster seats if you go into Palma in the morning there is a stony beach opposite the Cathedral  not nice at all .

My recommendation is to go to Cala Mayor or Illetas beach you can catch a No3 bus from the center of town outside the Dept store C and A.

Read through all my how to get to the best beach for children on the thread below.

Hi!

Go to the bus station at shopping porto pi 10min walk. Than catch bus nr.3 direction Illetas, 10min ride by bus you find a very nice beach “playa comtessa“ 

NOTE: for any beaches, watch your stuff!

...alternativ: take a ride with us, check out this:

www.trikefunmallorca.com

Saludos!

Ralf