Questions reqarding tender tickets on Conquest

Riley's Mom

I have privately booked the Stingray excursion with Nativeway.

Now I am wondering how we go about getting the tender tickets while aboard the Conquest to insure that we will be on the pier before 8:15am(the time we must meet for our tour)..

Does Carnival give first(priority) tickets to people that booked with Carnival? Or does it simply go by the time of your tour.,

. Do we have to present proof of our privately booked tour to get early tender tickets?

Also what time is the earliest that you can tender in the Caymans?

Thanks,

Carla

They do stickers for the tender. First priority going to people who booked directly with Carnival. I would think it would be iffy, but possible to be off by 8:15. I think some from our group made it off that early a couple of weeks ago. You have to get down and get your tender ticket early.

When we were aboard the Conquest in November, we were told to go the lounge and we'd get a sticker. First priority did go to those who booked excursions through the ship, then others. We were off in no time.

Playa del Carmen, now that was a different story. Tendering took a bit of time, but was well worth the wait. If you intend on shopping and are going here, this is a terrific place to buy all kinds of things.

Happy Sailing!

We had the same issue in Cozumel on the conquest last week. They told us it would be an hour and a half after they started tendering before they expected to let people not booked on their excursions off. We were told to start waiting at about 9:30 in the lounge for tender stickers. We went ahead and went down early, around 8:15, and we had stickers and were getting into the boat by 8:30am. From what I remember (from the caper not experience) this is how they do it for Cayman too but tendering starts at 7.

Side note: when we went Cayman was having bad weather and we were not able to get off the ship.

Sounds like we may be S>O>L> on getting to our 8:15am excursion.. I don't know how Carnival can get away with only letting the people who booked through them get off the ship first..Seems like it should be who ever gets there first..

Another question:" What proof do you need if you tell the person handing out the tneder tickets that you booked through Carnival?? If you don't need actual proof I may just tell them that I booked with Carnival..

I am worried about this now!!! On Rhapsody last year it was whoever got in line first..First come first served...

Please help!

Thanks,

Carla

Riley's Mom -- they didn't ask for proof -- when we were on Conquest in November they didn't even issue stickers or tickets or anything -- as a matter of fact we went down to the lounge to get a ticket and were told none were necessary, boarding was open to all, we made it to Captain Marvin's in Grand Cayman-- 2 blocks from the cruise terminal by 8:15, although from listening to everyone else, that was an exception and not the rule.

Riley's Mom -- they didn't ask for proof -- when we were on Conquest in November they didn't even issue stickers or tickets or anything -- as a matter of fact we went down to the lounge to get a ticket and were told none were necessary, boarding was open to all, we made it to Captain Marvin's in Grand Cayman-- 2 blocks from the cruise terminal by 8:15, although from listening to everyone else, that was an exception and not the rule.

Did they start letting people off the ship at 7:00 am in November? Now, arrival is at 7:00. I have an excursion with Captain Marvin and am supposed to be there at 8:00 and they didn't think it would be a problem. I don't think there's going to be a big crowd waiting to disembark at 7:30.

I believe debarking did start at 7am -- we arrived in the lounge between 7:30 and 7:45 and they were not issuing tickets at that time because there wasn't a line. I'm not sure if the fact that there were 7 ships in port that day was the reason for people not getting off the ship early, or too many partiers the night before?? We were supposed to be at Capt Marvins for a 10 am tour, but decided to go early and see if they had openings on an earlier excursion, and they did and were able to accomodate us easily.

I am glad that Carnival booked people get first on the tenders. If I was you, I would call the company you booked, and tell them you need a later time. This should not be a problem. I was on the Conquest in Dec. and I can tell you that on that cruise, you would not have made it. Not only do you have to wait for the Carnival people to get off, you have to wait until the tender is full. If you are lucky, it will fill up fast, if not, you are going to be one stressed out cruiser.

Have Fun

I have privately booked the Stingray excursion with Nativeway.

Now I am wondering how we go about getting the tender tickets while aboard the Conquest to insure that we will be on the pier before 8:15am(the time we must meet for our tour)..

Does Carnival give first(priority) tickets to people that booked with Carnival? Or does it simply go by the time of your tour.' date='

. Do we have to present proof of our privately booked tour to get early tender tickets?

Also what time is the earliest that you can tender in the Caymans?

Thanks,

Carla[/quote']

Carla

We did the Nativeway twice this year, you'll have no problems unless there is bad weather. Nativeway won't leave until you get there. It's a great excursion.

I'm glad to hear they didn't require the tickets. There are other posters who have had the same experience for early morning disembarking.

Luanne21,

Why are you glad that the "Carnival booked" people get first tender??

I think it shouldn't matter who an excursion is booked with./.It should be fair for everyone....

From what I understand the stingray tour offered by Carnival has twice as many people on the boat and is more expensive than the privately booked tours such as Nativeway. Through Nativeway the boats are smaller holding less people and are less expensive. Nativeway charges $35. per person..I believe Carnival charges $45..

Hopefuly, we will be able to make our early excursion.

Carla

Archived