Zipline and Sloth Excurion

Lbrussel

I saw a post from another member that when they were in Roatan, they did a zipline, saw the monkeys and sloths then ended at a beach for the rest of the day. I think along the way they also stopped at a chocolate factory as well. I can't remember what the tour operator they used. Does anyone remember who is was?

Thanks in advance.                                                                             

Last year we did the monkey and sloth with an island tour. We contacted Daniel Johnson directly for our tour. He runs Daniel Johnson’s monkey and sloth hangout. The prices were very reasonable. Just google him and email for a tour option. They are very fast to respond to emails. They have a lot of options for a tour and will pick you up right outside the cruise terminal gates. We had the best time! It was amazing. We felt very safe and never felt like we were going to miss the ship. We didn’t do the zip line because I’m chicken. You just tell them what you would like for your tour and I’m sure they will make it happen. We stopped at the chocolate factory and I can’t wait until we go back this summer to stock up again. Our tour guide even stopped at a local grocery store for us to buy more candy and coffee. It truly was a once in a lifetime oppertunity and we plan on taking our son next year for his high school graduation. 

We we are passing on doing it this year as we will be doing it next year. This year we plan on getting a taxi to the chocolate factory and stopping at Monkey LaLa to get a drink and face my fear of heights by conquering their zip line. I hear it’s a good way to ease into it for chickens like me.

Sorry I don’t have all the details of the particular tour you are looking at. When I was looking into Daniel Johnson I made sure to read all the reviews on line and his ethical treatment of the animals in his care. The sloths are not in a cage and can come and go as they please. The other animals in the cages are there as they were once ‘baby’ pets that grew up. He gives tours where he teaches the local school children why animals are meant to be wild. You can bring your cameras and video cameras and the employees will take pictures for you. 

I hope one this helps and you have a fantastic time!

1 hour ago, PlopPlop said:

Last year we did the monkey and sloth with an island tour. We contacted Daniel Johnson directly for our tour. He runs Daniel Johnson’s monkey and sloth hangout. The prices were very reasonable. Just google him and email for a tour option. They are very fast to respond to emails. They have a lot of options for a tour and will pick you up right outside the cruise terminal gates. We had the best time! It was amazing. We felt very safe and never felt like we were going to miss the ship. We didn’t do the zip line because I’m chicken. You just tell them what you would like for your tour and I’m sure they will make it happen. We stopped at the chocolate factory and I can’t wait until we go back this summer to stock up again. Our tour guide even stopped at a local grocery store for us to buy more candy and coffee. It truly was a once in a lifetime oppertunity and we plan on taking our son next year for his high school graduation. 

We we are passing on doing it this year as we will be doing it next year. This year we plan on getting a taxi to the chocolate factory and stopping at Monkey LaLa to get a drink and face my fear of heights by conquering their zip line. I hear it’s a good way to ease into it for chickens like me.

Sorry I don’t have all the details of the particular tour you are looking at. When I was looking into Daniel Johnson I made sure to read all the reviews on line and his ethical treatment of the animals in his care. The sloths are not in a cage and can come and go as they please. The other animals in the cages are there as they were once ‘baby’ pets that grew up. He gives tours where he teaches the local school children why animals are meant to be wild. You can bring your cameras and video cameras and the employees will take pictures for you. 

I hope one this helps and you have a fantastic time!

Thank you so much. I think that’s the name of the tour I was looking for. I just couldn’t find it in the board here when I searched for it.