QM2 dinner/show times for 1st and 2nd seatings?

havepassportwilltravel

Does anyone know when 1st seating dinner and 1st seating show times are? And also for 2nd seating dinner and show?

We traveled on the Pacific Princess a couple of years ago where the 2nd seating passengers went to their entertainment at 7 p.m. while the 1st seating people were finishing up dinner. I thought I read somewhere that the QM2 was doing this as well, but I can't find that information anywhere. I'd appreciate input from any recent (or current!) traveler.

We're getting on in Valparaiso, Chile. Hopefully our stateroom will be vacated by then. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Cathy

On our last Transatlantic, the early dinner was 6.30pm and second sitting 8.30pm.

The show times were 8.45pm & again at 10.45pm.

Nightclub (G32) also kicked off at 10.00pm with the band 10.45 - 11.45pm and again at 12.15 am - 01.15am. (DJ all the rest of time) till about 05.00am.

Enjoy

On our last Transatlantic, the early dinner was 6.30pm and second sitting 8.30pm.

The show times were 8.45pm & again at 10.45pm.

Nightclub (G32) also kicked off at 10.00pm with the band 10.45 - 11.45pm and again at 12.15 am - 01.15am. (DJ all the rest of time) till about 05.00am.

Enjoy

Depending on the entertainment, these times sometimes varied- And I think twice in our twelve days late seaters had an early show time. A number of times I had to pick and choose. pub trivia, masked or pirate ball, or the show? Oh, the horror of it all, having to choose! <G>

the last night they did early showtime for late seaters (the wrap-up of all the previous entertainers) so people ccould be free to pack.

Karie

Are these events for kids, too? My oldest will be 11, but with 25 hour days and a dark room, I suspect I won't mind letting them stay up late for the fun. Do you bring your own costumes? Where are the specific events listed? Just got my UK Cunard brochure in the post today...we're getting very excited and hoping that Uncle Sam comes through for us and we're able to book something!

Thanks!

Are these events for kids, too? My oldest will be 11, but with 25 hour days and a dark room, I suspect I won't mind letting them stay up late for the fun. Do you bring your own costumes? Where are the specific events listed? Just got my UK Cunard brochure in the post today...we're getting very excited and hoping that Uncle Sam comes through for us and we're able to book something!

Thanks!

I saw a couple of very cute pirates and very adorable masked kids. I think as long as they are restrained (remember, this is a dance, but it's really a bar with a dance floor) and supervised (a lot of drinks left on tables while people dance.) I think I saw kids there early on, then they retired elsewhere (there is a video game room BTW) usually the activity in the Queens Room was fairly late. Once the real dancing starts, I think they will get bored quickly. If he is like most kids, he won't last too long. It's hot, crowded, and it generally STARTS at 10:15. So I suspect at 11 or younger, they might enjoy watching a little- there was also a spectactular ballroom dancing championship couple there doing a couple of numbers each night- then pretty much be ready for bed (to get up early the next morning for daytime fun!) There were kids his age in the shows- one of the entertainers even "picked on" (in a nice way) one of the young ones in the audience one show. He asked his age- the boy was 11. The entertainers did some slightly off-color jokes, but nothing really offensive that I wouldn't want my 11 year old (or my grandmother) to hear.

I think they will do fine. There is plenty to do and see, and a really good library with lots of great maritime and history and travel books.

I hope Uncle Sam gifts you (With your own money back!) with a trip on QM2!

karie

Thanks!

Sorry- events- your cruise book listing shore excursions, which will come before your cruise docs will list a couple of "special nights" usually pirate is Caribbean voyages, Ascot ball, I think for the crossings, and maybe some (but not all) Carib (we did not have one) They usually have something you can make or buy on board ($10 pirate kit with a patch and head scarf, I think) but if you want to have a lot of fun, or are creative, bring or make your own! We brought feathered Mardi Gras masks and EL wire (electroluminescent) with us (along with a glue gun, and more feathers, I kid you not!) and put the wire (lights up like neon) around the masks. Didn't cost much, very little work, and they were a big hit. We planned our pirate costumes, bought a couple of cheap items at a party store (plastic cutlasses, pirate tricorner hat) If you do a little digging around on the internet, you can come up with ideas (likewise for the Ascot Ball's wild hats- which I didn't get to wear, darn it!) and put something together cheaply or with things you have around the house. Plus the kids learn about cool stuff like REAL pirates, instead of just the Hollywood kind! Marc wore a pair of my sparkly, baggy, dress pants tucked into black socks and black shoes and a poufy red blouse of mine with a "manly" belt over it and the Cutlass tucked in the belt as part of his pirate costume. He also slung a black cape of mine over one shoulder. People seemed to think he made a pretty decent pirate! (We made the DVD!) It's a good way to channel the kids' energy as the trip gets closer and they star getting antsy! And it makes them involved and make it more "their" cruise, too!

Karie (arrgh!)

Does anyone know when 1st seating dinner and 1st seating show times are? And also for 2nd seating dinner and show?

On the 12/8 Caribbean cruise, first seating was at 6 PM, and second seating was at 8 PM. The shows were at 8:45 and 10:45, so the second seating had to choose to see the show and miss out on most of the ballroom dancing, since they couldn't arrive until after 11:45 and the dancing ended at 12:15! However, the contests for the "Masked Ball", "Pirates' Night" and the "Ascot Ball" weren't held until 11:50, so everyone could attend and participate in these. We also had a "Black and White Ball". The dance instructors' exhibitions were only on these special nights, and the room was packed without an available seat at 11:45.

Archived