Hotel Tipping

skm

We will be staying 2 nights before our cruise and parking at the hotel during the cruise (Charleston) What amount would be ok to tip to have the front desk call us a taxi to the pier? They will do this? Our check out time is noon, and boarding is @ 1pm so we need to find something to do for an hour or so. Would it be a problem to leave the hotel then return and ask them to call the taxi? Or would it be easier to just call ourselves? SKM

Well I tip the maids, tip the valet parkers, tip the bellmen, but have never tipped the front desk personnel. :confused:

Personally I'd just tell the bellman get a cab for you when he comes to get your luggage.

You don't have to find anything to do for an hour. Cruise lines all tell you embarkation begins at 1pm or 2pm or so, but under normal circumstances it begins somewhere between 11am and Noon... I'm always at the ports by 11am and am eating lunch onboard by Noon! ;)

We always leave a couple of bucks for the maid!

Interesting... I have never heard of this.. mind you I do not travel alot.. Just checked with my father who travels quite alot and said they do leave an envelope .. Thanks for this info.. I never knew.. I will forsure leave a tip!!:)

We too leave a few dollars for the Maid. Usually $2 if we're out early or $3 if we are running a little late. I've always had great service from housekeeping in all of the FLL hotels I've stayed in pre & post cruise.:)

Bellman??? We are staying @ the Hampton. Do they have one? Any hotel I've ever been to, I don't think had one, we always carried our own luggage. Did happen to notice a metal roller to load w/ luggage @ a few of the hotels we've stayed at. We usually stay @ hotels like Hampton, Best Western, Wingate, Holiday Inn. Thanks for any help, SKM

Archived