Star Class In Room Dinner Party

Hello there! My husband and I have another Star Class cruise booked for April 2020 on the Anthem. We usually book a suite, but this is only our second time doing Star Class. Last time (2017) we went it was just the two of us and we were very low maintenence with our genie, Katia. Mostly because we didn't know what we could ask for!

Having read more of the forum posts and with the fact that this time we are beinging our two children and traveling with a group, I wanted to make this Star Class trip a little more "worth it" and was wondering about the in-room dining options. We didn't know last time that we could order room service from the speciality restaurants - this will be a great option for our two young boys on most nights!

My question is about the in room dinner parties or cocktail hours. I had seen that people have invited guests to their room for a little dinner party or cocktail hour. Does that cost extra?? If so, could you share how much extra? We are traveling with 4 other people this time and I would love for them to be able to come over and not only enjoy our suite, but also a few indulgences from the speciality restaurants and some drinks. We will be celebrating my birthday as well as my son's birthday on this cruise so I was thinking about throwing a little party one of the nights. Just hoping anyone can share their experience with us if they have done this!

Thank you!

You should be able to arrange it with your Genie for snacks to be sent to the room for cocktail hour.  We had four in a room and anytime we made a request for a special order of something, we would come back and there would be four plates of it.  Specialty dining in the room was sooo much more food than four people could eat..and it all gets delivered at once so you have as many appetizers, sides, and desserts you want plus the four entrees.  The Genie can also work with you on getting a special, personalized cake made for the celebrations.   We didn't formally host other non-Star class guests in our room but regular dinner food orders and snack deliveries were so excessive that there was plenty to share.

Edited by AshleyDillo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1