For those who just returned from the Paradise...please answer

ljrfrm

I know this question has been asked so many times - but it seems we keep getting different answers. Does the Paradise stay on EST? I'm meeting a friend on Roatan, and need to tell her what time. She told me that Roatan doesn't change times like we do in the East...therefore, instead of one hour behind us, they're now 2 hours behind. We're due in to Roatan at 7 am - does this mean 5 am Roatan time? Quite the ungodly hour if that's true. icon_smile.gif Thanks for your help. Hopefully you can put my confusion to rest once and for all!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Paradise 6/27

Yes, it does stay on Miami time!!

And your capers will tell you to always stay on ship time & what the time zone of the current port is. They were pretty good about telling you the difference...but I am not sure about Roatan not changing, so I can't help you there.

Have fun!!

Carnival Triumph - Oct 2003

Carnival Paradise - March 2004

I just returned from the 4/4/04 Paradise Cruise and this is how the captain handled the time. Remember we went to Daylight Savings Time on 4/04

On 4/5 at 2:00am we turned our clocks back an hour. We were only one hour ahead of Belize, Roatan and I think Cozumel (I never checked the local time in Cozumel) We were on the same time as Grand Cayman.

On 4/9 at 2:00 am we turned our clocks ahead one hour and we were now on Eastern Daylight time

You will have a great time. I loved the ports of calls, Roatan was my favorite

Cruising on the Paradise 04/04/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;04;04;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Imagination 03/03

Carnival Holiday 09/94

Yes, I know we'll have a blast. I can't wait. I am actually going to Roatan this weekend for 3 days to visit my friend - so I'll get to scope out the island to see what we'll do on our port day. My friend lives on the island, so I figure I need to take advantage of that. Thanks for helping with the ship time thing - I thought the Paradise stayed on Eastern time....but then I got confused.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Paradise 6/27

If you get a chance, ask your friend if she (he?) can recommend an outfit for my husband and friend to use for scuba diving in Roatan. We are on the June 13th Paradise cruise and my hubby is still debating over who to book his dive with.

We, (the two wives) have a day planned with Victor Bodden...he is going to give us a tour of the island. Let me know if there are any "must-sees" that we should visit, OK?

If you want, email me personally at MaryMN55@hotmail.com. Thanks!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;6;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 till we are in Paradise again!

Paradise 6/2004

Paradise 6/2002

Mathgal (Mary) - I will talk to my friend this weekend when I'm there and e-mail you. Actually, maybe I'll post it in case anyone else would like to hear the answer too. She's a huge diver, that's one of the reasons they moved there. Plus, she knows tons of people on the island. So, I'm sure she can give a great recommendation. I'm back late Wednesday night, and I'll post her answer then.

Paradise 6/27

For excursions questions and the like, I have found a wealth of information on the Ports of Call board for Roatan.. All of it relates specifically to what to do and with what outfits. I'm going on my first cruise in July and because of that board, I have picked a great snorkeling/beach excursion.. There are reviews galore on all of the excursions available.. Try it, you'll probably find what you are looking for..

Desiree

Days Until Our 1st Cruise!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;07;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Yep, the ports of call area is great. I found what we're doing on most days by hanging out there. That's why I figured I'd post about the scuba too (my plan was to post over there) to maybe try to help others out too - I'll try to get prices and recommendations. Coming from someone who's an experienced diver and who knows the area, I can hopefully get you all some good advice.

Paradise 6/27

Archived