Safe places to eat while in port on Conquest

katb85

I will be traveling in April and wanted to know the safest places to eat in the ports of Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. We will probably take a few excursions with lunch included. I'm sure the ones through the ship will be safe to eat at. Wanted to know places especially in Cozumel.:)

I will be traveling in April and wanted to know the safest places to eat in the ports of Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. We will probably take a few excursions with lunch included. I'm sure the ones through the ship will be safe to eat at. Wanted to know places especially in Cozumel.:)

In the Cayman's, the Hard Rock (right of the tender pier). Take out a second mortgage though (no comments from the peanut gallary, as yes, I am still complaining about this!):D

Carlos and Charlies in Coz. I went with quite possibly the most "chancy" item they had on the menu, Oysters Diablo (raw oysters in a hot sauce), and besides the facial tick that won't go away, I fared well....

Ok, no facial tick or any problems whatsoever, and they were great.

In the Cayman's, the Hard Rock (right of the tender pier). Take out a second mortgage though (no comments from the peanut gallary, as yes, I am still complaining about this!):D

Carlos and Charlies in Coz. I went with quite possibly the most "chancy" item they had on the menu, Oysters Diablo (raw oysters in a hot sauce), and besides the facial tick that won't go away, I fared well....

Ok, no facial tick or any problems whatsoever, and they were great.

Winking at every pretty girl that walks by is not a facial tick (good excuse though). :D

On topic - In GC there is a restaurant across the street from the tender dock (it is a two story place the name escapes me) that is very good. We were given a table on the second level balcony overlooking the harbor, very nice. Like Apple boy said though it is very expensive in GC.

We were in Coz in December on the Elation. Carlos and Charlies was closed (pretty much destroyed) due to damage from Wilma. We had a late lunch at Pancho's Back Yard. While the menu was not seem as extensive as the one for Carlos and Charlies it was good. Everyone enjoyed it and it is right next to the dock so there was no need to rush

http://www.loscincosoles.com/panchosbackyard/home.htm

In Cozumel if you don't eat at Pancho's backyard then you really haven't been to Cozumel. Great place. Great food. Great Margaritas

I agree with Cruisecastle. Pancho's Backyard is definitely the place to eat in Cozumel. They have the best margaritas you will ever have. Their food is great also. We have eaten there numerous times and have never had anything that wasn't great. You can also drink the water there. Have a great time. You will not be sorry that you went to Pancho's.

Another vote for Pancho's Backyard. There are two locations - one at the Puerta Maya area and one in downtown San Miguel. Wonderful margaritas, and the food was excellent. (Try the Chilies Rellenos - fabulous!)

Another vote for Pancho's. Also my favorite store on Cozumel. Further, in any of the ports, the restaurants catering to tourists will be just fine. They certainly don't want to make visitors sick. Many trips to the Caribbean and even rural Mexican villages, the food has been just fine. Montezuma is dead. RIP

Another vote for Pancho's. Also my favorite store on Cozumel. Further, in any of the ports, the restaurants catering to tourists will be just fine. They certainly don't want to make visitors sick. Many trips to the Caribbean and even rural Mexican villages, the food has been just fine. Montezuma is dead. RIP

I agree. These places would not stay in business long if they were making people sick. All of the established restaraunts have water treatment equipment on site. No worries, mon!

Paradise Beach gets our vote in Coz--great beach, wonderful food, strong drinks, great staff. And very cheap.

Cleanest restrooms ever.

Paradise Beach Tom is sooo nice--goes around talking to everyone.

Paradise Beach=a little slice of heaven!

I have a question that is going to sound odd but I need some advice...

I'm not sure that we'll be eating in the ports(I know we won't in Coz because our excursion is going to run all day and we won't have time) but GC we might. My husband is not adventurous by any stretch of the imagination. He will not go near Mexican food and doesn't like anything with 'funky' stuff (ie: sauces, funny chunks, etc). I am hoping that I can get him to at least consider trying some of the offerings in the dining room lol. Anyway, in GC, what's the best place (if any) so that I can sample some good mexican food, and my husband can still get a burger or some chicken (with no funky stuff)??

GC is not Mexican. It's British. I discovered Steak and Kidney pie there and it was really great. My gand-daughter was the same as your husband when she was eleven. Just about ran the ship out of grilled chicken breast and baked tater. If it wasn't exactly like what her Mother fixed, she would not try it. Good luck.

In Cozumel if you don't eat at Pancho's backyard then you really haven't been to Cozumel. Great place. Great food. Great Margaritas

Durnit! Been to Cozumel like 6 times and never been to Pancho's Backyard! Guess I will have to go back. It will be a major hardship to do all that partying and drinking again, but if it has to be done, I guess I will suffer through somehow!

Archived