The Dream for Memorial Day Weekend

llachance

Just a quick trip to celebrate my husband's birthday.  We were on the Dream out of Galveston May 23-28.  We were in Cabin 11244 a spa balcony cabin.  Weather was sunny but windy every day - some days it felt like it would push me over.  In Cozumel there were periods of rain but the day wasn't ruined by it.  Had no excursions planned.  Got off the ship bought some t-shirts for the grandkids and back on in less than an hour.  Had dinner at the steak house the first night.  Had the free bottle of wine - it was good.  I got the Wagu beef since it was included in the price.  What made it worthwhile is that it was cooked the way I like it which doesn't happen often!  I like my steaks "Blue".  My husband had the rib eye and enjoyed it.  Had anytime dining and the 2nd and 3rd night we sat in Antoin's section table 146.  Great waiter and he took great care of us.  Last night was chef's table and other than the obnoxious woman I had to sit next too it was pretty good.  Lots of food but the portions were small enough that I wasn't overly full.  Have been at the chef's table before but not when held in the kitchen itself.  I wasn't a fan.  It was really too noisy to carry on a conversation.  Took advantage of the spa a couple of times, the heated chairs etc.  My only bad experience, on this cruise, was with the spa.  I made an appointment for the first day.  My appointment was supposed to start at 5:15.  At 5:30  the therapist came out to tell me she was running late that the previous client had run late and she wanted that client to have the full experience.  I get that - however by the time she would have started my treatment I would be starting more then half an hour late - which in turn would have made the next person late - Not fair to me - because I was on time - and not fair to the next person - so I cancelled the appointment.  I already had reservations for the steak house and by delaying my appointment I was going to be late to that!  I like to be on time.  Overall very relaxing - enough so that I am going back in October for my birthday - first day on I will be Platinum Whoo Hoo!

• Like 4