Table Seating?

jonnyc020385

I know you have all answered this question but I missed a certain part of it. The table you get for your cruise is it assigned to you? Or do you pick it? Also what happens if you are a group of 2 people and ONLY want a 2 person table...can you request to have NO ONE sit with you? It is a funny question I know, its just that I am not into the whole table mate thing and would MUCh prefer to have the table to just the 2 of us. Thanks for your time. By the way I am going on the NOS March 4th, 2006

It depends on whether your cruise has assigned dining hours or is open dining.

If assigned, and if there are any, you can request a table for two when you book your cruise. If you haven't already done so, call your TA right now and get that request in the record.

Also. you may want to post your question on the RCI board as well to see how easy it would be to change seating once on board.

Additionally, your table assignment (if appropriate) will be shown on a card in your cabin when you board, and I would suggest you take this to the dining room as soon as you can and check what table you have been given. If it's not what you want, the maitre d' will be somewhere near the doorway, and you can ask if it can be changed, but be aware that there are no guarantees.

Richard

You can request a table for 2 but there is no guarentee that you will get one. If you really must have one, you should go directly to the dining room upon boarding & get it straightened out, if possible, then.

You can not pick your table. It is assigned to you.

For your next cruise you may want to try one of the lines that has personal choice dining rather than traditional so you never have to sit with outs unless you want to.

Can anyone tell me if the early or later dining seating is better? I don't want to miss any of the entertainment/shows on the ship....if we have the second seating are we going to miss all of that? :confused:

event.png

there are show times for both early and late seating pax, so you will not miss anything. if you don't mind eating in the dining room with a lot of families or kids, want to eat early/go to bed early, choose the 1st seating. we like late seating because on sea days the pools and public areas tend to clear out by 4:30. while half the ship is getting ready for dinner, you can relax in the peace and quiet. also, on port days, you never have to rush back to change. before dinner, you can reboard and hit the pool/gym, etc. and if, like me, you liek the idea of late seating but want a snack, there is always some cafe, pizza place, room service on the ship somehwere.

If you eat at later seating the only thing you miss out on is eating again at Midnight.

We tooke late once..and it ws rather rough for us to get done eating by 10pm.. then trying to sleep with all that food laying there not having a chance to digest.

Eating early-- we are done by 7:30 by midnight was ready for a light snack. (yes cruises are geared around eating:D

Can you tell me why there is a checkmark after each of my posts? Thanks ricko1:confused: :confused:

On the main board-- there will be a check next to things that you posted in. So it makes it easier to check for posts with replies.

do you have to let someone know you are not coming or is the table assignment only for Formal Night?:confused:

The table assignment is for all of the nights. It's a good idea to let your waiter know if you're going to miss a meal in the dining room - they normally wait until everyone is there to start taking orders, so if he knows you're not coming, everyone won't be waiting for you.

Archived