What do you suggest--cave tubing or caye caulker?

c75

Or is there time to do both? We will be there from 8-5:30 next week.

How close to the cruise ship piers is the water taxi to Caye Caulker? From reading other threads that sounds like the place to go.

Thanks to all for your replies and sharing your past experiences.

Don't see how you could do both in a day...it takes about 45min to and hour each way to get to Caye Caulker.

We've been to Caye Caulker twice and we love it. I don't think it's everyone's cup of tea though...very laid back bohemian feel...lots of euro backpackers. Don't expect idealic white powder beaches either. If you like snorkelling/diving in crystal clear waters, and like the idea of chiling at a shack of a bar (with ice cold Belikin beer), not seeing any cars, and barely seeing 30 people then this place is for you.

We did it two different ways and you can read about both in my past two reviews which are linked at the bottom of my post...in my signature. Our group has been on many, many cruises (some of us are about to be RCCL diamond members) and we have yet to book an excursion with the ship. I always recomend booking through local companies.

The water taxi is a 5-10 min walk from the tender but you have to time it right for their schedule...go to gocayecaulker.com to check it. We liked chartering a small company take privately take our group for the day as it gave us more time & didn't have to worry about catching the water taxi back.

As I said, read my last two reviews as they go into detail about our days.

Chris

I would recommend cave-tubing highly! Just because you can't do that at any of the other ports of call. You can see the Cayes just about everywhere else, like the Mayan Ruins, but this is the only place to do cave-tubing. Just email Yhony at "cave-tubing.com" if you have questions. His prices are very reasonable and they really know how to take care of you! Have fun! I'm jealous!

There seem to be several little Cayes...what is the difference? Is Caye Caulker the only one with a beverage stand/bar? Are there any little stores here? I looked it up on the web and it says there are 57 hotels yet it looks small.

Karyn

Archived