Baja Deck - Sun

pklopp

Hi - just got notice that I have a BC cabin on the Sun. Anyone been on this deck before? Seems like somewhere along the way I saw some not favorable opinions on this deck. It is B714 - hope someone can tell me that I have a great cabin! Thanks

Peggy

Hi - just got notice that I have a BC cabin on the Sun. Anyone been on this deck before? Seems like somewhere along the way I saw some not favorable opinions on this deck. It is B714 - hope someone can tell me that I have a great cabin! Thanks

Peggy

We've been on this deck on the Sun, & it's sister ships the Dawn, Ocean & this coming Dec. on the Sea.

Most times we were in cabins in the 600's & didn't hear any noise from above. This is a good deck to be on.

I think you will enjoy the cabin you picked.

Minette

We were on the Sun last April and had room 502 on the Baja Deck. This March we will also be on the Baja deck. We like this deck because there are rooms above you. We were on the Aloha deck and could hear chairs being pushed around at times. Really we don't spend too much time in the room but you can't go wrong with the Baja deck. Enjoy your cruise.

• 3 years later...

We were in B210 and had no problems and wouldn't hesitate to stay in this cabin again. We pretty much rocked and rolled as the first 3 days were very rough seas but we noticed that no matter where we were the ship had lots of movement - perhaps that wouldn't be true in calmer seas. We actually found it rocked us to sleep once in bed! We were facing ports at some stops and away from port in others so it seems no matter if you are port or aft you will have a view one place or another. We never heard anything above or below us but did occassionally hear our neighbors on each side. Amy

Had A706 on last Dawn cruise.Don't remember the # on Sea but similar. Close to the aft elavators(they don't go all the way down). Never really heard any noise from them. Nice little deck out the back door with stairs going up to pool deck.

Have Fun

Baja is probably the most desirable deck on the Sun Class ships. I will say however that you are very far aft which puts you at the opposite end of the ship from the Horizon Court and the middle and forward elevators and stairs are more convenient to the main pool area. You will likely want to walk forward to the center elevators frequently - this is where the main dining rooms are etc. You will enjoy the larger opening on your balcony (than Caribe) without the filter down noise from the pool that Aloha gets. Be prepared to walk a lot however. (The comment about the aft elevator not going "all the way down" is not wholly correct. It goes to deck 7 which is lowest aft public space on the ship. The Sun is a great ship and has the best main pool area - very open and lots of great seating. Try to get chairs by the "upper pool" - you have a lot less foot traffic by you.

Thanks for the replies. We don't mind walking....I think we'll need the exercise....We travelled on the Emerald in May/Jun 2007 on the Med and stayed in a C748 which was at the stern...we overlooked the wake...it took ages to get anywhere but hey the room was great.

Archived