Dublin Overnight - Disembark time

suzQ28

Can anyone that was on the May 4th British Isles cruise share what time they were docked and able to disembark the ship on their first day in port?  Also, how early did the Princess shuttles run or were taxis available?  We have a private excurstion planned that day and need to be in the downtown area by 6:45am.  Thank you!

We got off late on the 5th by choice. I don't see a reason you could not get off as early as you wish on the second day in port. On the 4th the ship was late in. I'm guessing perhaps the tides? It was late in Belfast because of tides. We did not use the shuttles. I can't help much there. When we got off there was a taxi line we went to and waited. It wasn't more than 15 minutes or so for the wait. That was Sunday morning around 10AM. Given the time of the morning, you might need to call in a cab.

Also note that it depends where the ship ports. If it is the only cruise ship, you'll have your choice between shuttle or taxi. If it is the more industrialized portion of the port, taxis are only permitted through with all sorts of clearance procedures. Shuttles in that case might be the preferred option.