Which car rental agencies offer free shuttle to the pier in FLL?

Meishie

Ok, so this is what I'm doing to get around the crazy taxi fares:

I'm flying into the Fort Lauderdale airport, renting a car from Thrifty, and returning the car to their off-airport location at 2400 Miami Road (The location is listed as FL9 on their website) After returning the car there, they will give me a free shuttle to the Port Everglades pier.

Yay!

They have a general shuttle that is used by many rental car companies. We, and about 25 other people, waited 35 minutes for the shuttle to appear. When it did, the driver went inside and took a break. We figured, after seeing the size of the van, that there was no way we would all fit with our luggage, so we just left to the other side of the terminal and took a taxi. We saw the van pull up after we had been in line (to enter the cruise ship terminal) for about 20 minutes.

With many ships in port, this is not a smooth operation. We had a national rental car.

Hotel shuttles and rental car shuttles to the port seem like a good idea, but I think $10--$12 for a taxi may be money well spent.

Good Luck!

Kel

Archived