Single Inside Cabin on Iona

robin13

I am trying to find a picture or video of a single inside cabin on a newer P&O ship.  I found some videos of the single balcony cabin and that looked nice but can't find anything on the single inside cabin.  Has anyone stayed in one of these or know anything about them?  I got a quote for the inside on a July 2020 Norway cruise on the Iona but I want to see a picture before I book it.  

You could try googling Single Cabin Inside AIDA Nova. My understanding is that the single insides are the same as the single balconies with a wall rather than a balcony door. Of course who really knows. 

https://www.cruisemapper.com/cabins/AIDAnova-1854

Best wishes, Stephen. 

Edited by stephen@stoneyard.co.uk

8 hours ago, madster66 said:

Hi .. Iona is still being built .. so no one has yet stayed on her. 

Yes, I know that .  That is why I asked what they looked like on a newer P&O ship as I'm thinking it would be similar to what is on one of their newer ships. 

5 hours ago, stephen@stoneyard.co.uk said:

You could try googling Single Cabin Inside AIDA Nova. My understanding is that the single insides are the same as the single balconies with a wall rather than a balcony door. Of course who really knows. 

https://www.cruisemapper.com/cabins/AIDAnova-1854

Best wishes, Stephen. 

So from the picture it looks like it is a couch that makes into a bed.  Um, don't know about that.  Might need to see what the price difference is between the single cabin and a regular inside cabin.  Thank you so much for posting this.

I have stayed in a single cabin on britannia and it was lovely ... a single bed that was very comfortable.. it was not a sofa bed. It had plenty of storage space .. and the bathroom was the same size as the cabins for two. It also had a glass shower screen rather than a curtain. I would recommend it based on my experience on Britannia 😁😁

2 hours ago, robin13 said:

Yes, I know that .  That is why I asked what they looked like on a newer P&O ship as I'm thinking it would be similar to what is on one of their newer ships. 

I would not use any other P&O ship as a guide. For example. Britannia is a Royal Princess variant and Iona is a AIDA Nova variant. They are not likely to be the same in many ways. 

Best wishes, Stephen. 

2 hours ago, robin13 said:

So from the picture it looks like it is a couch that makes into a bed.  Um, don't know about that.  Might need to see what the price difference is between the single cabin and a regular inside cabin.  Thank you so much for posting this.

I do wonder if they will leave it a bed all day. Particularly if the move to once a day cabin service.  If they do it will leave no other seating area except at the desk. To swap it between bed bed and sofa every day will require the steward to visit twice a day.

I cannot remember what the difference in price was between a single cabin and single occupancy of a twin cabin was when I booked. I am booked on G004 (the second public cruise) and the single balconies sold out very quickly. 

Best wishes, Stephen.