Cave Tubing Cancelled??

sd1029

I am on Carnival Miracle right now and we have cave tubing booked tomrrow with X-stream Cave tubing in Belize. However, the cave tubing tour that Carnival sells with their recommended tour guide is cancelled due to heavy rains and flooding in the caves (I saw the note on my neighbors cabin door). I have emailed X-Stream cave tubing 6 times and their live help does not work. I have asked them if our tour is also cancelled so I can book something else. Should I go ahead and assume that they cancelled their tour too and book a tour with Carnival so we have something to do tomorrow??? If they did not cancel it should I just not go anyway b/c if the Carnival recommended tour guide determined it was not safe then I should not risk it?????

Personally, I would not go tubing if there have been heavy rains and flooding. The only people I have seen on these boards who had a horrible time were ones who went during high, flooding water. It can be dangerous and frightening. I'm sure they would not cancel the excursion for no reason, so I would choose another activity.

There was a recent review on cave tubing with Yhony and they said it was great and no mention of high water..I wonder if these two groups use the same areas for tubing.Im going Feb 7th and sure dont want high water!

I recently got back from our cruise on Carnival last week. We did not book our tour on the cruise. We booked with Cave-Tubing.com and had the best time ever! it was the best of all our shore excursions. We had heavy rains (Yhony pointed out that it is a rain forest). Just make sure you have good walking shoes, they might get ruined but it will help you walking up to the caves. Once your in the caves you have no problem at all! Sometimes the water is high and sometimes it's low. You have on a life vest and your in a tube. If you have any doubts just email yhony on his website he'll answer any questions you may have. Have fun! We did!

Hi Dot,

The River we all go cave tubing it's name Sibun river, the water goes high and comes down over night but where we are going is National Park so if the water is not safe they will close the Park,

Safety is my priority that's the reason every family/group have they own tour guide while going through the caves at all times,compare to the cruise ship tours they provide two tour guides for 50 - 60 guest they do the Solo tour, we don't we make a chain of our group and have fun going thru the caves and coming down the river.

Let me know if you have any other concern/questions.

Thanks

Yhony

If the water was high when we went we had no idea about it. You have on a life vest and your in an inner tube. Once we jumped in the water you didn't know if the water was high or low. You never get out of the tube until your at the end of the tour. And as Yhony points out you are conncected one to another. Our tour guide would disconnect himself when we would get close to the rocks or sometime but it was always at his kness or less. There was never a time when we felt we were not safe during our tour. Safety is "Cave-Tubing.com" number one priority. Yhony and others stress it the whole time.

Have a great time! I'm jealous!

When the water is high, the concern isn't really the depth of the water but the swiftness of the current and the increased chance of striking the walls or even the ceiling of the cave if the water becomes very high. As the previous poster said, the river is closed when this happens. So, if your operator cancels your tour, I would not try to book one with someone else unless you want to take the risk that the park will be closed when you get there.

Archived