In Nassau from 1pm-7pm, what do we have time to do?

Meishie

We don't snorkle or do any water-related activities. We're more into shopping, history, and the typical touristy things to do.

Since we're only in port for a short time, I'm not going to bother getting a day pass for Atlantis, Breezes, or Sandals - although I would love to if we were in port longer.

Is there anything to do within walking distance from the pier? (We're cruising in on a Friday on Holland America)

Thanks in advance!

We were in Nassau a few weeks ago on Holland America's Westerdam. Within walking distance of the pier is shopping, shopping, and more shopping! HAL has a very good tour called Nassau Highlights that we took. It stopped at all the major historical sights (Fort Fincastle, Queen's Staircase, water tower, Fort Charlotte, etc.) as well as stopping at the gardens, driving through both poor and rich neighborhoods, and sights in the downtown area. I'm not at all a fan of ship-sponsored tours and only took this one because I wanted my elderly mother to see as much as possible. The tour was about 3 hours and I would rate it as "excellent", especially with the limited amount of time you'll be in port. You would still have time to do some shopping after the tour and not miss the ship!

I posted this the other day on this thread:

"We had a layover in Nassau this past August. We had several hours to kill and decided to rent a car. We didn't have prior reservations, just took care of it at the airport. We drove to the fort -- BIG waste of time in our opinion. We were spoiled by the fantastic forts in PR. I believe we stayed an entire 10 minutes!

We then headed to Ardastra Gardens. GORGEOUS! My husband said it was worth our entire 2 week trip just going there! You've got to do the bird feeding! It's big fun. And those marching flamingos! Very cool. Try going in the morning if it's a hot day. It was very warm, but then again it was August!"

We walked very casually through and probably spent about 2 - 3 there. Wonderful afternoon.

Robin

That HAL tour stops at Ardastra Gardens for an hour and they put on a special showing of the March of the Flamingos. What a gorgeous place, even in January! Thanks for the trip down memory lane, RobinG!:)

Archived