Any recent experience with Fly2Fun airfare through Carnival

nik23

Anyone have any recent experience using Carnival's Fly2Fun when booking airfare directly through Carnival?

I have been researching here and nothing new. 

I am nervous about our upcoming cruise on the Horizon Feb.2 2020.  It is Super Bowl Sunday and flights are very difficult to find, either all booked up or outrageously overpriced.  So, I decided to call Carnival and see what they had available.  They found us a flight at a reasonable price, but its arriving the day of the cruise!  We prefer to fly in the day before.  My husband is so low key about this, and never worries.  He said it will all work out.  But, I can't stop searching for other options.

Anyone who has used Fly2Fun can you give me your experiences - good or bad? 

I personally would try to find an affordable flight the day before.  I live in Maryland and see that you are in PA, as you know February can be a very snowy month.

The last time I used the Fly2Fun (2018), they had us on a 6am flight with a connection thru Charlotte on the same day as the ship leaving.  It was very stressful having a 1 hour layover/connection with changing planes with kids.  Luckily, no travel delays but I was worrying the entire time...Not the best start to a vacation.

Good Luck!

My last and only time using this service my travel day was 15 hours long so I could save a total of $200.

Since then, I’ve determined that my time has value also. I can save 9 hours of travel time for $200

We used it last month and had no problems.  We booked with their flexible fares so that we could cancel if we happened to find a better flight, which we didn't.  We flew out a few days early and stayed a few days after, so there was no flying in the day of the cruise.  One benefit of booking the flight directly with Carnival is that they need to get you to the port and if you miss the ship they should work to get you to the first port.