Is NCL Air department responding to inquiries

mertziek

I called NCL late yesterday afternoon, Saturday 6/8. Agent picked up immediately after selecting my option. It was customer service, not the air department. 

Our Vacation Summary was updated with Air on Friday. However it is just dates and city pairs and our edocs are not currently available. She explained that our flights aren't ticketed and the routing can change upon ticketing. Once we see a carrier listed, then we will know our flights are set. We were 79 days out and she still indicated we may not be ticketed until 55 days out.

• Like 1

I finally received a phone call, not sure of the department, regarding our flight problems and has been resolved to our satisfaction.  The woman who called said they had 800+ calls Thursday and 990+ on Friday with people on hold 3+ hours.  But she said they did not ignore me.  🙄 Well I disagree because several unanswered emails and hours on hold to their Premium air is ignoring me.  I sent an email to Vivian Ewart on Friday who immediately responded and asked me to give her until today to resolve our issues.  She was true to her word and followed through.  I have voiced complaints here and now want to be fair to NCL’ s Vivian Ewart for doing what she said she was going to do.  I’m not sure if she was the one to cut through the red tape but following my correspondence to her, it is taken care of.

• Like 1

I spent 2 hours on hold today. When someone answered she was very helpful. I explained that I had my edocs for a July 13 Alaskan cruise but no information about the free airfare. She put me on hold for a few minutes. When she came back on the phone she gave me my flight times and said I would receive an email with all of the information shortly. About 30 minutes later the email arrived. Seat selection from Chicago to Seattle was poor since it is fairly close to date. They certainly need to hire more people to handle the phone calls. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjk19 said:

I spent 2 hours on hold today. When someone answered she was very helpful. I explained that I had my edocs for a July 13 Alaskan cruise but no information about the free airfare. She put me on hold for a few minutes. When she came back on the phone she gave me my flight times and said I would receive an email with all of the information shortly. About 30 minutes later the email arrived. Seat selection from Chicago to Seattle was poor since it is fairly close to date. They certainly need to hire more people to handle the phone calls. 

I think they need more staff to handle the air reservations.  Since they have offered the free flights, it seems they have been overwhelmed.  Two hours on hold is brutal!  Glad your flights are settled.  Hope you can get better seats.

Edited by mertziek

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 2:55 PM, newmexicoNita said:

frustrating yes, but computer screw ups do happen plus or TA told us just a few days ago, just the Cuba thing has left cruise lines backed up for hours or days. I can imagine how busy the air dept is right now with people booked with air. This certainly is not a guest service issue as much as a possible computer glitch along with the Cuba issue and a few other issues. 

The computer system is still screwed up. It's been almost a month. When is it going to be fixed?

• 2 weeks later...

I called the air department first thing Wednesday morning (July 10th). Agent picked up after a reasonable hold time and was able to address my questions and make an adjustment to the flights that had been selected for us.

• Like 1