Cat. AB on the Prinsendam

Cruiseoften

Some of the cabins on Prinsendam have been reclassified from 2005 listings. I just took a look and the AB cabins are the Cabins numbered from 190 to 195 on the Promenade deck. After Hal acquired the Prinsendam, the Midnight Sun Lounge on the aft of the Promenade deck was replaced with 10 cabins which are now the 6 Cat AB mentioned, (2) Cat AA (196 and 197), and (2) Cat SY (198 and 199). The balconies for these cabins are the largest on the ship and there is a hottub very close by on a deck that is little used by anyone other than the occupants of those cabins. All reports that I have seen of omnes that were in those cabins were good with one exception. One poster mentioned noise from the adjacent cabin. Since these were add on cabins they might not have as good soundproofing as the other cabins, or it may have been a case of an extremely loud neighbor. The closets in these cabin are not walkin closets like the rest of the ship, but I have read that there is adequate closet space. I think you would be happy with one of those cabins.

I would not consider 198 or 199. Their "balcony" is a smoked glass, not very opaque, enclosure, completely covered by the deck above and there is a public deck of about 20 feet between that enclosure and the stern of the ship. I'll go back over my thread and find the poster that has stayed in one of those AB's and try to get you some more information.

Here's a quote from HelenP2 on another thread:

post_old.gif January 20th, 2006, 09:12 PM

helenp2 Cool Cruiser

We were in Cabin 194 and loved it. That rear deck is very private and the hot tub was great. We had breakfast out there and watched the sunset in the hot tub while leaving Curacao. These cabins are the best kept secret on the entire ship. Very quiet and no traffic whatsoever. Enjoy!

quote.gif quickreply.gif

Thank you so much Grumpy, I went back over 'helenp2' threads and some of yours - very interesting and informative.

We too have sailed the Prinsendam - a 'crossing' in '04 on Lower Prom - very adequate I might say. We were booked for 2005 but due to unforeseen circumstances plans had to be cancelled. Prinsendam is 'our kind of ship'. Now, we're booked, 'under guarantee' only, (sad to say!) for a Cat AB for another crossing……who knows where we may end up..seemed like our best bet……..Prinsendam becomes booked up very quickly.

We've never booked 'guarantee' before and are not sure just how it works - the AB seemed the best bet as we definitely didn't not want to be in an 'inside'. Hope we've taken the best route.

Anyone care to comment on what it's thought our chances may be? :)

Since you are booked in an AB, you'll get one of those 6 cabins, or you'll get an upgrade. Any AA or A would be good, but those AB's are in a really good location. The only concern I would have is if they try to upgrade you to SY198 or 199 (unless the balcony isn't a concern). With that possible exception, I don't see how you can go wrong with an AB guarantee.

A balcony is not really a concern :) - it would be nice but we can survive without it. Sea days are what we most enjoy. :D We'll be happy to take what's offered!

Any ideas as to when we may be advised of our allocation? With everything booked at the moment, my concern is that no one will cancel and then, I guess, we'll be COofL and have our deposit returned. Horrors!!!!!

How long until final payment? There will most likely be cabins open up then. Since they sold you a guarantee and didn't just put you on waitlist, I would think your chances are very good for getting your AB or better. I don't know when you would get a cabin assigned, though.

Archived