Current Koningsdam photo packages

hickmald

Greetings.

We are due to embark on the Koningsdam in 22 days.  I have been watching to see if the photo package became available online, and today, it popped up as an option under Indulgences.  It is almost double the price we paid two years ago, though, which surprised me. 

Can anyone who has been on the Kdam recently confirm whether there are different packages available (we don't need the 8x10 prints as I do digital scrapbooks of our trips), and give me an idea of the prices? 

As a family of 6, I value the group photos we usually get on our cruises, but the current price quoted ($289USD) surprised me compared to previous trips.

Thanks to anyone with any information/recommendations!

Just got off the Koningsdam - there are 3 different packages available. Our cruise was an 11 day, if that matters.

We opted for the Platinum package ($299 USD), which comes with all digital files loaded onto a USB shaped like a ship and all photos printed in 8x10 format. Seeing as we left with 150+ photos, we found it to be a very reasonable price. The quality of the photographers did vary, but even the worst did decent work. 

Unfortunately, I cannot remember the price/name of the lower packages. All packages offer digital and print versions of your photos - the number of photos you get increases with the package you select. If I remember correctly, the lowest package was probably around $80 and the middle package $150? The lowest package offered around 4-5 photos and the middle package 8-10. My apologies for not being able to provide you with a more specific number.

You should know that the package is limited to one stateroom. In our case, we were able to purchase one all-inclusive package for all three of us since we were staying in the same room. HAL uses facial recognition to assign photos to your account. The staff were able to combine all photos from all three of our accounts into our final package. This was a concern for us because we had some individual photos/photos with only two that we wanted to have. In your case, think about whether you'd want to buy two packages for everyone, one all-inclusive + a lower package/specific photos, or simply assign the all-inclusive to the stateroom you prefer.

Thanks for the reply, Simplyrubies.   I was hoping there would be a digital only package, but clearly will need to just bite the bullet and get the Platinum package. 

And we have no problem with the one stateroom limit - it's usually myself insisting on pictures anyways, with 4 boys (three teens or preteens), so I am almost always in each one.