Dont go to Blue Monkey beach for snorkling!

FRANCOIS

I just came back from the Sun Princess on Jan 17, 2006 and I was minded to go at Accra beach, just to make something new in barbados.

But we met people and we decide to do snorkling so when we when out of the port, there was people with tags on them that send us to BlueMonkey

beach ofr snorking with turtle and fish!

As last year, the water at that beach is not very clear, we saw 2 turtles and they were like in a fog.

Everyone in the port is trying to get you onboard one small van!

Dont let yourself get,

NO BLUE MONKEY BEACH FOR SNORKLING!

Enjoy!

Francois

Blue Monkey is a beach bar at Paynes Bay. When the sea is rough on the west coast things are shaken a bit and yes, sand and muck will make your turtle encounter not so clear.

I wouldn't have made Paynes bay for seeing turtles anyway. Further up the coast would have been better..

Obviously someone is getting a kickback for sending people there.

Yes Sunny, we, 4 of us took a cab and went up north, I dont remember the name but it was like a protect area, water was very clear.

I think when you get off the boat they try to put you all togeter on the cab, without taking much care of your need!

But still, Barbados is beautifull and I am looking forward to go back, and I brought back green spices for my fish!!

Best

Francois

First I am 48, not at my best physical condition ( not anough exercice!) and I do snorkeling only once or twice a year.

I did a tour with Glory tour that went to the blue monkey beach for the turtle and at a ship wreck; that is worth. Why?

Turtles are not that close from the beach, not for me and my wife!

You have to swim to the turtles, swim around to see them and then come back! like I said I am not top shape!

With a tour, the boat is always there for a small rest and then get back in the water and the snorkeling at the ship wreck is great mostly not for the wreck ( I am not good anough at snorkeling) but for the multicolored fish.

It was amazing !

The place we went from blue monkey is norther, I dont remember the name but it is about 5 minutes drive from the monkey beach.

When you get out of the boat you go throw a mall then when you get out there is taxi driver; they will take you to the monkey and then for 3.00 each more they bring you to that beach, they know it, it is popular!

Have a great vacation in March!

Francois

Archived