V1 stateroom on Ovation

barcrab

While I have been on the Ovation and the Encore, they were not in a V1 suite for the very reason they are smaller suites. A friend who has sailed on SB many times looked at those cabins on a recent cruise and this is what he reported “I had a look at a V1 on changeover day in Lisbon ?  It seemed very small with no bath, therefore no passage “desk” a two  (instead of three) person couch and (I think) only a single basin.   Better  to pay the extra and have a V2.”

... and that would be my opinion also, particularly as the recent quote I got for a 14day cruise on the Ovation, the V1 was only $600 AUD cheaper than a V2. 

Edited by ab21au

29 minutes ago, ab21au said:

While I have been on the Ovation and the Encore, they were not in a V1 suite for the very reason they are smaller suites. A friend who has sailed on SB many times looked at those cabins on a recent cruise and this is what he reported “I had a look at a V1 on changeover day in Lisbon ?  It seemed very small with no bath, therefore no passage “desk” a two  (instead of three) person couch and (I think) only a single basin.   Better  to pay the extra and have a V2.”

... and that would be my opinion also, particularly as the recent quote I got for a 14day cruise on the Ovation, the V1 was only $600 AUD cheaper than a V2. 

If I may add that in the V1 that we looked at, the floor under the hanging space in the wardrobe was mostly taken up with a wooden box about 4 feet?  long by 15 inches? wide by about 15 inches? high. 

Perhaps housing plumbing or other services that are normally under or at the end of the bath.

I’m guessing the size because I only had a quick look and I unfortunately didn’t take any photos.

It would be fine for a single traveler, I guess.

I only knew that a V2 or higher would be much better value.