Returning rental car at the Port of Miami Shuttle Service

luvsunnydaiz

We are flying into FLL the day before our cruise and renting a car at the airport. We are then driving to Miami and staying at a resort at the beach. The rental car return location that we chose was the "Port of Miami Shuttle Service". Has anyone ever returned a car there prior to their cruise. I'm just trying to figure out if this is a easy, hassle free place to return the car or should we just pick a different return location. There's actually a Budget not even two miles away from our resort and a quick Uber ride to the port. I was just hoping to avoid getting an Uber if we are renting a car. 

If you are renting from either Alamo, National, Enterprise, Dollar or Thifty they provide free shuttle service from the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center which is located directly across from Miami International Airport. The free shuttles are located on the top floor of the facility and the ride to the Port Of Miami takes approximately fifteen minutes. If you rent from Avis, Budget or Hertz they have smaller downtown locations that are very close to the Port Of Miami. Over the years there have been conflicting reports from Cruise Critic posters if the downtown locations provide free shuttle service. I personally drop off the rental vehicles at the Rental Car Center and hop on the shuttle. At the conclusion of my cruise if I’m staying in Florida I reverse the process and hop on the shuttle for transportation back to pick up a vehicle at the Rental Car Center. It’s a very easy process that I have used over the years.