Seattle Info Needed

Katie H

Agree with the 25 - 30 minute drive to downtown from the airport. Time of day (and which day) will make a huge difference in how long it takes, Seattle traffic is really bad (I live across the water from seattle).

Check out priceline and hotwire for hotels downtown. Ones that come up most times for 4 star are the Westin and Sheraton both are really nice for the price you get.

Edgewater is a great hotel, kindof boutique. It is close to pier but somewhat of a long walk to some of the popular sites like Pike Place market, Pioneer Square etc.

Deb

We are sailing out of Seattle too on the Vision in late June and we are staying 3 nights prior to our cruise at the Silver Cloud on Lake Union. We have a $126 AAA they too offer a free breakafast, free shuttle, free internet and have a heated indoor pool.

Lexi

My DH and I sailed out of Seattle a couple of years ago - We actually stayed in Seattle two nights before the cruise and really enjoyed the city alot! Take the opportunity to visit the Space Needle - it's pretty amazing to see. Also....you could easily spend a whole day at Pike's Marketplace. Seattle reminds me alot of Vancouver - what a nice clean city.

I don't remember the name of the hotel we stayed at - but really any of them near Pike's Marketplace would be your best bet. The taxi ride to the pier from our hotel took about 10 minutes.

It is quite a distance to the pier from Sea Tac. In perfect traffic it will take 25 to 30 minutes.

Our favorite Seattle hotel is the Inn at the Market http://www.innatthemarket.com .

The Edgewater Inn is the closest to the pier.

Hi sallyr...Everett--my home town, born and raised there! Right off Broadway....Helen

We'll be sailing from Seattle for the first time. How far is the pier from the airport? Any suggestions for a hotel for the night before?

Thanks.

Go to "Hotel-pre and post cruise", and the thread "Seattle hotels pre-cruise 5/18/06" I was asking the same questions and received lots of info. Around the airport the hotels are less pricey, and many have shuttles from airport to hotel. Gray Line Tours has a shuttle from airport to pier for about $15pp. Cabs run about $35 from airport to pier. I think most of that info is still available on that thread.

Enjoy your trip! :)

Archived