Cabin choice

We have just been on a cruise on P&Os oriana, and we were allocated a balcony cabin towards the rear of the ship. They may as well have put a bed in the engine room it was so noisy. I guess it was the age and things rattling about. I had booked a rear facing balcony in Explorer 2 for a cruise next year thinking the views would be good. But this recent experience has me wondering. Should I explore getting a cabin nearer the front of the ship or is explorer 2 quite quiet.

Thank you

I would also check out the configuration of the rear facing cabin as some aft cabins

have a fixed bed to the wall - as in one side and head - therefore access to bed is on one side only. We have sailed in aft cabins on Celebrity and have one booked on Queen Victoria as the views/outlook can’t be beat but we have opted for a mid ship balcony on our cruise on E2 because of bedroom layout and also some comments on engine noise at rear of ship - although this could be just on lower decks.

7 hours ago, pdw26 said:

We have just been on a cruise on P&Os oriana, and we were allocated a balcony cabin towards the rear of the ship. They may as well have put a bed in the engine room it was so noisy. I guess it was the age and things rattling about. I had booked a rear facing balcony in Explorer 2 for a cruise next year thinking the views would be good. But this recent experience has me wondering. Should I explore getting a cabin nearer the front of the ship or is explorer 2 quite quiet.

Thank you

Hi  pdw 26 we had this cabin on Explorer this year as said by pear carr yes you are surround by two bulk heads and a sliding door

meaning one way in one way out if you have a weak bladder or what ever get make sure you sleep on the out side other wise your climbing over your partner with great difficulty ,

noise wise no vibration, the noise only we heard was the sliding of  chairs in the morning but that was short lived,

we did see a little soot on the edge of balcony which was cleaned by cabin steward, other wise go for it lovely views from the stern of the ship had many Mojitos looking over the stern .