Hotel Tropen, transfer to Felison Cruise Terminal 24th July

AlRajul

There seems to be disruption on bus 382 to Felison Cruise Terminal, has anyone found an alternative route? I've emailed Costa to see if they might be putting on a shuttle from Central Amsterdam, they have several excursions coming from port into Amsterdam, so they might possibly organise something if enough people contact them? Alternatively, if all else fails, anyone else staying at the Hotel Tropen, and be prepared to share a taxi?

The embarking and disembarking crew all stay at Bastion Hotel Schiphol/ Hoofdorp. So if you could get there you'd likely secure a bus with them as a worse case scenario. That's where I'm staying prior to July 24. IT is the home port so I'm sure they will have means of getting you to and from the port though a taxi might still be easier and more flexible.

Thanks Brian, that's useful to know, I've received the following reply to my email from Costa. 

Dear Sirs

Ijmuiden port is located about 35 kilometers from Amsterdam City center. All the visits and excursions to Amsterdam will not be affected and a shuttle bus transfer service from/to Amsterdam railway station will be provided free of charge by Costa to all passengers starting and ending their cruise in IJmuiden. Please also be aware of the fact that IJmuiden, our new port of call, offers a variety of other beautiful shore excursion to the less known coastal villages of The Netherlands.

We would once again like to take this opportunity to share with you our gratitude for choosing a Costa cruise. Our personnel is always available for you should you have any questions or request for further information.

For this reason, we are pleased to inform you that Costa Crociere will offer free transfer service from Amsterdam railway station to the port of Ijmuiden with the following schedule:

The meeting point is "Sloterdijk Station: Piarcoplein, International Coach Bus Stop (same Bus Stop as for Flixbus) - Beneath the Train Station and reachable by an elevator inside the station that takes Guests downstairs.

The service will be available from 10:00am to 14:00 pm every 30 minutes and does not need to be booked in advance.

We kindly ask you to reach the meeting point at least 30 minutes before the departure time.

The address of Ijmuiden port is the following: Felison Cruise Terminal, 2051 EC IJmuiden, The Netherlands.

We would like to take this opportunity to wish you a pleasant holiday on board our ship.

Thank you once again for your attention.

Costa Cruises

Simona 
Cruise Expert. 
World Wide New Channels & Commercial Operations UK & North-Eastern Europe 
Costa Crociere S.p.A 
Piazza Piccapietra, 48 - 16121 Genova - Italy 
http://www.costacruise.com ; http://www.costacruises.co.uk 

Few days ago I finished my cruise on Costa Mediteranea to Island from/to IJmuiden. I do not know how it was working before cruise, but after Costa offered free of charge shuttle bus from cruise terminal in IJmuiden to Amsterdam Sloterdijk railway station. Bus stop was located on this side of Sloterdijk station where Flixbus busstops are. On the second side of Sloterdijk station there are stops for public buses and trams only. Transfer between both sides of Sloterdijk station is very easy via bridge above some tracks and platforms. From Sloterdijk you can easy transfer to Amsterdam Centraal (metro, train) or do Schiphol airport (f.e. public bus 69)