Princess Cays Cabanas

pjgavaghan

How do these work?

Are the similar to RCCL on their private island?

Do they have bartenders that come by to ask for drinks?

Are some near the water?

Are any handicap Accessible?

Thank you in advance?

They are actually past the beach area.  There is a sea wall in front of them, so if you want to go into the water, you have to walk down the path.  Some cabanas are far from the water.  I've never rented one, so I can't answer if any are accessible, but I believe there is a paved path all the way down to them.

I rented two of the Private Bungalows at Princess Cays in November 2017.

Yes, they are accessible (or at least were when we were there).  Our aunt was in a wheelchair and was able to get down the path and up the little ramp into the bungalow without too much trouble.

We did not have drink waiter service.  We saw drink waiters out on the beach, but none ever visited our bungalows.  We walked down to the nearby bar and ordered our drinks there.

The info on Carnival's site doesn't include it anymore, but when we had our bungalows, they included water, soft drinks, and snacks (fruit and chips and salsa).  That may have been discontinued.  And I notice the info does say there is waiter service now, so YMMV.

Here's a thread about the fire where I include a picture of the Bungalows that shows the concrete path to them. 

Here's the info from Carnival's site:

Private Bungalow Rental (4 People Maximum)

(10 Reviews)

Starting At:

$199.99 / Bungalow

*Prices may vary by sailing

EXCURSION DETAILS

You'll be living island-style in your colorful, private bungalow at Princess Cays. Brightly colored and perfect for families, the air-conditioned bungalows are located in a picturesque palm grove. Each bungalow features a ceiling fan, a table and four chairs inside, two sun loungers outside on the deck, and a private shower. The beach is within walking distance. A friendly, attentive staff is available to take drink orders and to orient you to the area. As an added convenience, priority tender tickets are issued for participants who have reserved a bungalow. Additionally, a motorized cart for transportation to your bungalow is available. Private and well equipped, the Princess Cays bungalows delight every occupant that crosses the threshold. The only problem is you might not want to leave! 

NOTES

Beach access is a 3 minute walk. 

Includes 2 complimentary float rentals.

I hope that is of some help.:classic_smile:

We were there in May and they still offer the water, soft drinks, chips, salsa and fruit. Also, snorkel gear! There are some waiters walking around that offer beverage service, but there is also a bar relatively close. We didn't realize we could pick our cabana so there weren't many options when we got to do it. So, check in with the excursion desk to reserve yours quickly. 

We had cabana #16 and it was close to a bar. There was a little path to the water, but it was rocky. I was recovering from a sprained ankle and I was worried that I was going to twist it again. But, I did like that it was on the farther end of the island closer to the adults only cabanas so it was a little quieter. 

If you have any other specific questions I'll try to answer since we were just there. We really enjoyed the cabana and thought it was completely worth the $$. 

Edited by lesliejaykat