July NCL Jewel Northbound Cruisers - How is the weather ?

amisup

We were on it last week and all the crew and staff in ports were talking about how it was unseasonably warm.  We packed a bunch of winter stuff and really needed tank tops and shorts.  Most mornings were chilly (especially at the glaciers), late morning to mid-afternoon was HOT (people were happily using the pools), and then by the evening it was chilly again.  Barely any rain, we brought rain coats and umbrellas and didn't need them once.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AtlantaJ said:

We were on it last week and all the crew and staff in ports were talking about how it was unseasonably warm.  We packed a bunch of winter stuff and really needed tank tops and shorts.  Most mornings were chilly (especially at the glaciers), late morning to mid-afternoon was HOT (people were happily using the pools), and then by the evening it was chilly again.  Barely any rain, we brought rain coats and umbrellas and didn't need them once.

That’s good to know. I will watch the weather before we head out but just wanted to know first hand experiences if possible. 

2 hours ago, AtlantaJ said:

We'll be on the same cruise in August.  Someone posted a picture of a fabulous looking seafood buffet.  Did they have it on your cruise, if so, what night (port) and in which dining venue?  Do you happen to have the dailies or any other information you would care to share.  Anything would be appreciated.  Did you take any excursions you thought were worth it or not? 

I didn't notice a seafood buffet but we don't eat seafood so it wouldn't have stood out.  The regular buffet was better than I expected for breakfast and lunch, but again, I didn't pay attention to any of the seafood options. 

Our favorite excursion was whale watching - NCL offers quite a few variations (combined with other things in some cases), all of the boats seemed to follow the same whale sightings so I think any of them would work.  Seeing the sled dogs was also really fun - they have an option involving a helicopter and seeing them on a glacier or taking a bus to see them at camp (helicopter version being much more expensive).

The shows were at 7:15 and 9:15pm if that is important to you, in terms of timing coming back from excursions/planning dinner/fitting in shows.   I would definitely make reservations for dinner as well, even the main dining rooms filled up with limited availability.

The spa was smaller than expected and in hindsight I wish I didn't book the weekly pass.