Does Robinson Crusoe tour go to Rose Island?

BettyB2

Looking at Majestic and Sea Island Adventures for a 1/2 day snorkle trip to Rose Island. Looks like Majestic has the better price, but need to make sure they go to Rose Island - it is not noted in the description whereas Sea Island says they go Rose Island. Does anyone know the answer? Part of my plan during our 7 day stay is to spend time at Rose Island.

any recommendations ??

thanks

Yes, Robinson Crusoe goes to Rose Island. They go to a different part of the island, a bit east of Victoria Beach. (sea island).

There are differences. But they are very much alike.

The Beach:

Sea Islands is bigger and less rocky - lots of chaise loungers and water toys. Hammocks hang between the trees nearby. Strolling beach.

Robinson Crusoe has a handful of loungers and the beach is down a flight of stairs, making the hammocks etc, a flight Up from the beach. No water toys. The beach is in a cresent between natural rock jetties, not a long stretch of beach to walk along. Sufficient for the day, but not that long stroll for an hour or so.

Snorkeling:

Sea Island has a reef just off the beach, you get a lesson, then you can walk in any time you want.

RC has a GREAT reef off the back of the island.. crew will take you on a tour during the trip. No snorkeling off the beach.

The Food:

The food at either of these is much the same.

Sea Island is served in an area near the beach, so you can see your things on the beach

RC has two locations, one is up the path overlooking that back side of the harbour, very nice, but you have to bring your valuables with you. The other is on the beach. No telling which they will use.

The location

Both have outdoor (sea water) showers and rustic bathrooms nearby.

Sea Island has a small souvenier hut and bar close to the beach.

Robinson Crusoe has a local band that comes along on the boat and plays at lunchtime

I enjoy both of these, and each has their perk. Snorkeling is better with RC, but it's limited to one tour.

The beach and chaises availabilty are better with Sea Island.

BOTH trips dock on the south side of the island and you'll walk thru the paths to the other side. So those who can't walk up rocky stairs and over roots and rocks may find this difficult.

Your choice.

SO confused. Sea Island does not include rum punch on the island?

Majestic also does a tour to Rose Island for $75PP - does anyone know anything about their tour here? here is what they sent me:

here is what they sent me and it seems as though the RC tour is just as long as the all day - is this the same spot that Sea Island goes to?

The Sunday Special on the Flying Cloud - 57' sleek sail catamaran do not include an historical tour. Majestic Tours transportation departs Breezes at 9:00am, and take clients to the Ferry Terminal on Paradise Island to board the Flying Cloud which sails at 10:00am for 1 hour to Rose Island. On Rose Island, there is reef snorkeling (all gear is included), bbq lunch, rum / fruit punch, and cash bar. The return to Paradise Island is at 4:00pm, where transportation will meet clients and return to hotel. The full day cruise is $75.00 per person

The Robinson Crusoe is very similar.

The Robinson Crusoe operates on a triple deck motor catamaran. It also cruise to Rose Island. Includes a calypso combo, buffet lunch, white wine, lemonade, mask and snorkel. Transportation departs from Breezes at 9:00am. The boat departs at 10:00am, and returns at approximately 4:15pm. Transportation will return clients to their hotel after the cruise. The Robinson Crusoe is $50.00 per person.

thanks for any help. wish I knew who ran the tours out of our resort (breezes)

The Majestic offering is the Robinson Crusoe trip. It goes to a different beach location on Rose Island. In a rocky area at the mid to eastern end of the Island.

As for Flying Cloud, it's alot of fun. It pulls into the beach just east of Sea Island, which is located on the western end of the island. It doesn't dock.. but you have to get on and off the boat "in the water".. pulled as close to shore as they can get given the tide.

Depending on who is on this trip.. this may be a factor.

Wondering why Majestic emailed my about the Flying Cloud? they have them listed on their website. So - Sea Islands tour goes to a better spot than Majestics Flying Cloud? I like the fact that Majestic includes rum punch on the beach and Sea Island does not include it for just about the same price.

I want to go to the best spot on Rose Island and it sounds like SI is the best bet, although it does not include cocktails. They give you a glass of wine or rum punch with lunch and cash bar.

HELPPPPP - going crazy here as I want to book this. How deep is the water where Flying cloud would drop anchor? I want to bring digital for this day trip and dont want it to get wet

Wondering why Majestic emailed my about the Flying Cloud? they have them listed on their website. So - Sea Islands tour goes to a better spot than Majestics Flying Cloud? I like the fact that Majestic includes rum punch on the beach and Sea Island does not include it for just about the same price.

I want to go to the best spot on Rose Island and it sounds like SI is the best bet, although it does not include cocktails. They give you a glass of wine or rum punch with lunch and cash bar.

HELPPPPP - going crazy here as I want to book this. How deep is the water where Flying cloud would drop anchor? I want to bring digital for this day trip and dont want it to get wet

I don't remember RC having rum punch all day. Just at lunch if I remember correctly. I usually bring along a couple of cokes and a flask of rum and that take care of that.

It's not so much that the beach is nicer at one spot, it's that RC's beach is surround by high rocks.. so you can't walk the length of the beach and there are fewer chaises, and from what I remember.. no water toys, kayaks etc. Better snorkeling at RC if that's important. But SI is fine.

As for Flying Cloud.. it depends on the weather and tide. If it's calm, they can get up to the beach .. if not.. a few yards away.. Crew will help you with your stuff.. Especially cameras etc. BRING along a zip lock bag from home and keep it in your beach bag. I ALWAYS do this on tours. Just in case.

Just a quick clarification ... the RC tour does have kayacks, floats, etc. available at a shack on the beach. Now I wish I could remember if there's a cost involved or not! The masks/snorkels, etc. are included for sure.

What I love about the RC trip is the pavillions, etc. on the south side of the island. The views are spectacular ... especially on a nice day. I have some incredible pics taken there a couple months ago. It's definitely the more scenic property of the two.

Archived