Formal Wear

frannie

We are doing the Pride of America on March 4th2006 . This will be our 9th cruise but 1st for NCL and freestyle Cruising. Are there any formal nights on this cruise. We will be in Honolulu for 1 week before the cruise and My husband does not want to take a suit if he does not need to . Does he even need a sports jacket . Thanks for any advice

There will be two OPTIONAL formal nights. In Hawaii, about 1/4 go formal. The rest of the passengers will be resort casual. That's one of the nice things about Freestyle. No suit and tie or even a sports coat needed. You decide which you would rather do.

Have a great Freestyle cruise.

Thanks I think I will pack the sports jacket just to be safe . We really don't mind getting dressed up.

DH and I like to dress up but I have to admit..it will be nice to have the choice to pack less clothing :)..Do you know if the Caribbean cruises are the same way,..We have not cruised NCL in several years and our last one with them was a VERY LONG re-po cruise so we dressed formal on several formal nights (5 or 6 I think!)

DH and I like to dress up but I have to admit..it will be nice to have the choice to pack less clothing :)..Do you know if the Caribbean cruises are the same way,..We have not cruised NCL in several years and our last one with them was a VERY LONG re-po cruise so we dressed formal on several formal nights (5 or 6 I think!)

Any of the cruises we have taken there have been 2 formal nights . The welcome aboard and the farewell party. From what I saw on these nights most of the guests dressed up but not necessarily in a tux and the caribbean was no different.

We cruised NCL Star in Hawaii a few years ago. We opted out of the formal night, but still dressed a little nicer than a casual evening, so we didn't stick out like sore thumbs. I wore a red sheath dress, my husband wore a nice pair of slacks with a beautiful silk Hawaiian (not loud) print shirt. We were quite comfortable in the crowds.

I have to say, it was very nice not having to pack all the extras. I always dress to code on a cruise ship, this was the first time we exercised an option like this. We liked it so much, we are considering a cruiseline in the future, Oceania, that has no formal nights at all, only country club casual.

Whatever your choices are, have a wonderful cruise, Hawaii is my favorite place to cruise!

Archived