Irons on board???

coachwardog

Just be carefull with the irons as they can get extremely hot...I read one review where someone burned a hole through their formal pants.

They also have an option of having your items pressed for you by the ship's laundry facilities...it does not cost that much, and you don't have to worry about doing it yourself.:D

We were on the Elation on the Empress deck. Irons and ironing boards were just down the hall from our cabin. I took all my things that needed ironing and did them all at once, took me about 25 min. They had two in this area so I had to wait about 5 min for a free one. They worked great.:D

• 2 weeks later...

The Spirit had irons in the laundry rooms just call the pursors desk and find out the one closest to you.

I always pack a few dryer sheets (also work well with odors in the room) and a small bottle of detergent incase I run out of clothes.

Instead of calling the purser, just look at your little deck plan folder they give you when boarding.;) Most Carnival ships have the passenger laundry room conveniently located; some have two on each deck.

No irons permitted on board, not necessarily because some pax are careless with irons. My understanding is that it has to do with voltage and possible issues of using irons and ship wiring....

Might I suggest a steamer? We found a steamer to be very effective and they are not a safety hazard on board that irons on.

A spray bottle of Downey Wrinkle Release will work just fine - and is not a hazard of any kind. Also - if you turn on the shower really hot, turn it off, hang your clothing in there, and shut the bathroom door, it will steam the wrinkles away.

I have read on other boards that irons are not permitted to be brought on. Is this correct? Do they have irons and ironing boards available on ship. Traveling on Holiday in July

NO IRONS ALLOWED--- I know this from my own experience! I have cruised several times before... always brought my iron... never had anyone say a word to me.... until last week on the Conquest.... a security agent came by to take it from my room! i assume my steward or room service must have told them.... no big deal.. i just didn't have a clue they weren't allowed.. i mean if hairdryers and curling irons are allowed.. i don't see much of a difference. i know my curling iron is one that gets extremely hot... but i did get iron back and end of trip..:)

NO IRONS ALLOWED--- I know this from my own experience! I have cruised several times before... always brought my iron... never had anyone say a word to me.... until last week on the Conquest.... a security agent came by to take it from my room! i assume my steward or room service must have told them.... no big deal.. i just didn't have a clue they weren't allowed.. i mean if hairdryers and curling irons are allowed.. i don't see much of a difference. i know my curling iron is one that gets extremely hot... but i did get iron back and end of trip..:)

You are lucky your iron was not confiscated at embarkation as it should have been.

--- didn't have a clue they weren't allowed.. i mean if hairdryers and curling irons are allowed.. i don't see much of a difference. i know my curling iron is one that gets extremely hot...

I'm curious. You've cruised Carnival twice before this last cruise, and you didn't know that irons aren't allowed?

It's spelled out very clearly in your 'Welcome Aboard' booklet you rec'd w/your docs - in two different places. Also on the website, as well as in all Carnival brochures.

Hairdryers and curling irons don't use nearly the wattage that irons do. Would you put an iron as close to your head as you do your curling iron?;)

Well - now you know - for your next cruise. (I understand all cruiselines have a similiar policy.)

It's good to hear that there are conscientious stewards or room service personnel who actually report things like this.:)

:confused:

I'm curious. You've cruised Carnival twice before this last cruise, and you didn't know that irons aren't allowed?

It's spelled out very clearly in your 'Welcome Aboard' booklet you rec'd w/your docs - in two different places. Also on the website, as well as in all Carnival brochures.

i don't read everything they give me... i am sure it is the same rule on all cruise lines... and i am now going on my 7th cruise in a couple of months.... i have never even read the "welcome aboard booklet" maybe flipped thru it is about all.... so i guess it is possible to be a repeat cruiser and not know this...? don't know exactly what is "curious" about it?.:confused: :)

rebecca

No offense was meant.

You said you "didn't have a clue" that irons weren't allowed.

The thing is - they send out that brochure with your docs so you WILL be aware of things like NO irons, etc. So I was just curious as to why you didn't know, since it was right there in front of you.;)

But wouldn't that be the case for all properly functioning irons?

Sorry, I couldn't resist, no offense meant:D :p

Yea...that would be the case, however if you read SableRose's review you will find that she burned a hole through her formal pants because she couldn't adjust the heat setting on the iron.

No offense taken...it did give me a chuckle though.:eek:

No irons permitted on board, not necessarily because some pax are careless with irons. My understanding is that it has to do with voltage and possible issues of using irons and ship wiring....

Might I suggest a steamer? We found a steamer to be very effective and they are not a safety hazard on board that irons on.

Where did you find a steamer? If you don't mind me asking, was it terribly expensive?

Yea...that would be the case, however if you read SableRose's review you will find that she burned a hole through her formal pants because she couldn't adjust the heat setting on the iron.

No offense taken...it did give me a chuckle though.:eek:

Having read most of SableRoses posts I don't think that problem was totally mechanical. ;)

Sorry SR, couldn't resist. :D

Instead of calling the purser, just look at your little deck plan folder they give you when boarding.;) Most Carnival ships have the passenger laundry room conveniently located; some have two on each deck.

Cotton...how little is the deck plan folder? Will I need my reading glasses?

And I see you are in Gulfport Miss! that is where my sailor is!

Julie

Julie, your guy is a Seabee? Have you been down here to visit?

Yeah, you might want to use your glasses. The deck plan folder is tri-fold and is about the size of a man's wallet. BUT, it's very handy, and easy to carry around with you until you get the lay of the land...er, ship!:D There's someone handing them out just as you step onto the ship.

Archived