Need technical advice about IPs

WeBeCruisin'

There's been a new development. About one or so this afternoon a woman posted on that other cruise board and stated that she had read my thread protesting my innocence and that it was her husband who had registered using the LovCruising name. She was very upset that her husband had been banned and was told he would never be reinstated, when he hadn't even posted once. She said he had tried to contact that other board's support, but no one would answer his queries. She also said that no one ever made any attempt to contact her husband and ask why he chose that name. And the only similarity in the name is that one ended in "cruising" and the other in "cruiser" and their locations were adjoining states. How many people on travel boards have some variation of "cruise", "cruising" or "cruiser" in their name? Thousands.

The woman who posted in concern about her husband's being banned is apparently not a troll trying to defend me. She's been a member of that board for seven months, but hasn't had reason to post much. Many of us have been in that same situation. My own posting average on CC is less than one per day. I may go months without posting and then have a spate of posts when some topic really interests me or when I'm actively planning a cruise, or (LOL) when I've been accused of something I didn't do.

It's been over six hours since the woman's post, but I haven't heard anything from anyone about it. The few people who have responded to the woman's post seem afraid to comment on it and are just telling her to send a private message to the moderator and they're sure she can explain the situation to the woman whose husband is also a victim of this.

Yeah, right. It was obvious that the moderator didn't have a clue as to what had happened and was refusing to consider any other possibility than that I was lying and trying to create trouble by "creating" a lurker who never said a word.

Should we start a pool as to whether the moderator will apologize to me, the woman who stepped up to the plate, and her husband? :D

Allen, who may finally be exonerated!

Drama, Drama, Drama....

Phoenix Cruiser is one of the very few people who assumed I was guilty on the other board. I don't know her/him at all and I have no idea why they attacked me, but they obviously have an agenda.

The wife of the man who inadvertently was given my IP is finally in contact with the moderator on the other board, and hopefully, this will be cleared up soon. As for people like Phoenix Cruiser, who don't know a thing about what's going on, please take care of your own business and stop sticking your nose into things which don't concern you and of which you are ignorant.

But I mean that in a constructive and kind way. :D I've gone through a lot of pain and anguish with this unfair accusation and the refusal of this moderator to even attempt to find out the truth to have to deal with someone like Phoenix Cruiser.

If all of this had happened to any of you, and you were accused of and persecuted for something of which you were totally innocent, you might be somewhat dramatic in your protestations, also.

Allen

The circumstances described suggest several possible misunderstandings, by the moderator on the other board and by WeBeCruisin'.

However, because this subject really has no relationship to cruising and because it reflects a problem that, as described, will never occur on Cruise Critic, the thread is closed.

If the issue with the other board is still open, I suggest that it be taken up privately with that board's management.

Archived